Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: swapping switches, saving programing

swapping switches, saving programing

I have a project where a previous installer utilized dimmers (10nd) that weren't compatible with the led pots that were installed. I used the compatibility tool and it seem that 6NAs are the correct ones for the job. I have to swap in 9 of these, and since I don't know every control trigger from various keypads, I'm hoping there's a way to swap devices and save programming from the old device ( I think I remember seeing someone discussing this in a thread but I searched and can't find it now). I do have the ra2 file for the system, so no problem there.Any suggestions to save a little sanity would be appreciated.Julian C

Quote Originally Posted by JCEnergy View Post
    I have a project where a previous installer utilized dimmers (10nd) that weren't compatible with the led pots that were installed. I used the compatibility tool and it seem that 6NAs are the correct ones for the job. I have to swap in 9 of these, and since I don't know every control trigger from various keypads, I'm hoping there's a way to swap devices and save programming from the old device ( I think I remember seeing someone discussing this in a thread but I searched and can't find it now). I do have the ra2 file for the system, so no problem there.Any suggestions to save a little sanity would be appreciated.Julian C
    In the software, right-click the device and select edit or double click the device. You can change the type of device. Since you are not changing the address of the device, the programming will follow.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

randyc is correct, but you will have to now activate the new 6NA and run a transfer. Changing the device type via editing automatically defaults the dimmer in the software. Pro tip- factory default the 10NDs you are removing when taking them out of the wall. Saves headaches for the less experienced when re-using them in your next project or own home.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

Excellent, thank you guys that is exactly what I was looking for. And excellent point about the factory reset on the 10NDsThanks again Julian