Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Feedback stops on RTI

Feedback stops on RTI

Hello.

I am having issues with an RTI system loosing feedback but I am able to still send commands into the Lutron system.

It looses its feedback at random times. When feedback is lost I can still send button presses and slider levels but not toggle commands. I can send direct off and on commands. A reboot of the RTI will allow it to work for a few hours or so.

Not sure where to look. RTI is looking into it and also Lutron is as well but need to get this resolved. It’s a commercial location and my audio system relies on the RTI monitoring a few keypad LED’s to send commands to a Yamaha DSP.

Anyone have any ideas as to what to try?

Don’t think it’s a network issue.

Rti and Lutron and on most current firmware.

Processor is on a static lease from router.

I've seen this with older versions of HomeWorks. We used to send a command 3-4 times a day to turn monitoring back on.

Is there any Telnet conflict? We always move Lutron. It seems like there is always another device at 53 that can't be edited.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

I don’t think there is an telnet conflict since I can still send commands. I just loose feedback until I reboot the RTI processor.

The Lutron functions properly.

Didn’t think of that. I can test that out when I loose feedback. Do you just use terminal to send that command?

Quote Originally Posted by Hitechnology View Post
    I don’t think there is an telnet conflict since I can still send commands. I just loose feedback until I reboot the RTI processor. The Lutron functions properly. Didn’t think of that. I can test that out when I loose feedback. Do you just use terminal to send that command?
    You can use Telnet or the HQS terminal to check the status of monitoring.

If rebooting the RTI without doing anything to the HQS system fixes the issue it seems the issue is with RTI. Just thinking here.... RTI is sending Telnet commands to a specific address. No surprise that the commands get through. HQS broadcasts LED status - no specific address.

We used to have an issue where AV processors would boot faster than Lutron. The AV processor would check for the Lutron connection. Since the connection wasn't active yet it would write off Lutron and never check again. We had to add code to the AV processor to "check LED status" ~2 minutes later. That would refresh the connection and we were good to go. Since your system works initially this doesn't seem like the answer. However, requesting LED status might refresh the connection.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Thanks for the replies.I do not need to reboot the HomeWorks at all. A simple reboot of the RTI brings it back to working order for a few hours. I agree it seems like a RTI issue. I will give the request status a try.