Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Grafik Eye QS. Addition of pico remote has stopped wired switches from working. Help!

Grafik Eye QS. Addition of pico remote has stopped wired switches from working. Help!

Hi, title says it all really. I recently installed a QS system with 3 wired wall switches. I configured the scenes and all wired switches were working fine. Yesterday I added a Pico wireless remote following the instructions in the QS manual and the remote worked perfectly but I've now realised that the wall switches are no longer controlling the system. It's as though the remote has "replaced" the wall switches and I obviously want them to co-exist! I can't find anything in the manuals to help. Any ideas?Thanks in anticipation, Rob

Quote Originally Posted by sanderr2 View Post
    Hi, title says it all really. I recently installed a QS system with 3 wired wall switches. I configured the scenes and all wired switches were working fine. Yesterday I added a Pico wireless remote following the instructions in the QS manual and the remote worked perfectly but I've now realised that the wall switches are no longer controlling the system. It's as though the remote has "replaced" the wall switches and I obviously want them to co-exist! I can't find anything in the manuals to help. Any ideas?Thanks in anticipation, Rob
    The QS Grafik Eye can do one or the other but not both. If you activated the RF you disabled the wired. I believe you can still get power from the wired connection but no data.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by randyc View Post
    The QS Grafik Eye can do one or the other but not both. If you activated the RF you disabled the wired. I believe you can still get power from the wired connection but no data.
    Thanks! Is there any way of having wired and wireless switches coexist within a graphik eye setup. Presumably I could achieve this via Homeworks and the app on my phone providing the wireless control rather than the pico remote?Thanks in anticipation, Rob

PS Is there any way of removing the Pico remote without having to reset the Grafik Eye to factory settings?

Quote Originally Posted by sanderr2 View Post
    Thanks! Is there any way of having wired and wireless switches coexist within a graphik eye setup. Presumably I could achieve this via Homeworks and the app on my phone providing the wireless control rather than the pico remote?Thanks in anticipation, Rob
    There are advantages to adding the Grafik Eye to HQS. From HQS you can control the the individual zones and the preset scenes in the Grafik Eye. The keypad on the front of the Grafik Eye becomes a HomeWorks keypad. You can program the buttons to control any load in the system, not just the ones in the Grafik Eye.

If you add the Pico to HQS you can use it to control the Grafik Eye, even if the Grafik Eye is wired to the HQS system.

If you add the Grafik Eye to HQS you would need to replace the Grafik Eye keypads with HQS keypads. They are more expensive but are also way more flexible.

You can disable the wireless mode on the Grafik Eye. That *should* restore the wired devices. If not you will have to do the factory reset.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Thanks Randy - that's super helpful. Best wishes, Rob