Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Diva DVCL-153P compatible dimmers

Diva DVCL-153P compatible dimmers

1. I have many 4 and 5 way switches in my home and purchased the DVCL-153P dimmer. I also purchased the Maestro MA-R companion dimmers. Will these two work together or is there a Diva dimmer companion? Can I even use the Diva with 4 or 5 way switches? 2. I also purchased the MA-PRO Dimmer. Will the MA-R companion dimmers work with this in a 4 or 5 way situation? Besides the Caseta, which I don't want to use, what are my options if what I purchased doesn't work together? Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    1. I have many 4 and 5 way switches in my home and purchased the DVCL-153P dimmer. I also purchased the Maestro MA-R companion dimmers. Will these two work together or is there a Diva dimmer companion? Can I even use the Diva with 4 or 5 way switches? 2. I also purchased the MA-PRO Dimmer. Will the MA-R companion dimmers work with this in a 4 or 5 way situation? Besides the Caseta, which I don't want to use, what are my options if what I purchased doesn't work together? Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.
    The Diva is a mechanical dimmer. It will NOT work with the MA-R. It will work with your existing 3-way/4-way mechanical switches. It must be installed at one of the 3-way locations. You will have on/off/dim control from the dimmer location. On/off only at the other locations. It can also be mixed with toggle-style mechanical switches.

The MA-R is a companion dimmer for use with the Maestro series dimmers (including the MA-PRO). You must replace all of the 3-way/4-way devices if you want to use Maestro. One dimmer and up to 9 companion dimmers per zone.
    LED, Incorporated
    Raleigh, NC 27614

I currently have a hallway with 3 switch locations and 5 recessed can lights with LED floods. One location has a mechanical "knob" dimmer and two locations have old style mechanical switches. I haven't taken them out yet, so not sure what the current wiring is. I would like to use a Diva 153 type dimmer, what paddle type (Claro/Diva) switches am I likely to need for these three locations. Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by rmixonlsc View Post
    I currently have a hallway with 3 switch locations and 5 recessed can lights with LED floods. One location has a mechanical "knob" dimmer and two locations have old style mechanical switches. I haven't taken them out yet, so not sure what the current wiring is. I would like to use a Diva 153 type dimmer, what paddle type (Claro/Diva) switches am I likely to need for these three locations. Thanks!!
    Replace the knob dimmer with the Diva and you are good to go.
    LED, Incorporated
    Raleigh, NC 27614