Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sunnata

Sunnata

I really like the way Sunnata is designed and operates but it's not clear - does it have wifi capabilities? I'd like to be able to control it from my mobile phone.

Quote Originally Posted by brguest View Post
    I really like the way Sunnata is designed and operates but it's not clear - does it have wifi capabilities? I'd like to be able to control it from my mobile phone.
    Sunnata does not currently have the ability to be controlled by any external system. I haven't seen anything from Lutron as to whether it will be added to any control system in the future.

Lutron doesn't do direct WiFi control. To control this dimmer with your phone it would have to be added to a system like Caseta, RadioRA 2, etc.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by randyc View Post
    Sunnata does not currently have the ability to be controlled by any external system. I haven't seen anything from Lutron as to whether it will be added to any control system in the future.Lutron doesn't do direct WiFi control. To control this dimmer with your phone it would have to be added to a system like Caseta, RadioRA 2, etc.
    Thank you for the reply and clarifying that! I think Leviton has something that works exactly how I want it to so I'll go that direction. Sunnata looked very nice though.

In terms of ergonomics and usability, the Sunnata is the best dimmer/switch they have ever produced, but it lacks smart (and 3-way dimming on both sides) consumer options. Maestro is good, but none of the "press this button multiple times or hold it to dim" devices can match the speed and simplicity of this excellent touch control. In comparison to the Sunnata's touch dimmer bar, the Grafik T are excellent but overpriced and now appear and feel a bit dated. dinosaur game

I haven't found anything yet because I'm unwilling to spend the additional time, effort, and money required to use RadioRA equipment.

I haven't discovered anything yet since I don't want to invest the extra time, effort, and money needed to use RadioRA equipment.

Sunnata dimmers did not have the ability to be controlled by external systems directly. Instead, they required integration with Lutron control systems such as Caseta or RadioRA 2 to enable control via a smartphone or other external devices.

Let's hope that we get that option in future upgrades, it would be a lot more confortable to use it like that.

heat pump installers

There is a 2.4GHz (type-x) version of Sunnata. They only work with RadioRA 3 and HomeWorks (they are the only systems that support 2.4GHz). They work with up to 4 companion dimmers.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

You're not able to control Sunnata from your mobile phone. It does not currently have the ability to be controlled by any external system. contexto

There was no direct method of controlling Sunnata dimmers from other systems. Instead, they needed to work with Lutron's Caseta or RadioRA 2 control systems in order to be operated from a smartphone or other remote device. coreball

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast