Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Ug. Owner Doesn't Want to Change Driver

Ug. Owner Doesn't Want to Change Driver

Hello! I have a long time standing customer who has a driver for some puck lights that he doesn't want to change. He apparently burned up a Lutron dimmer (stuck full on). I need to replace it but I typically match a driver to a Lutron dimmer, not the other way around and his driver is not on the approval list but is dimmable. He doesn't really care about warranty, etc and doesn't want to change anything other than the dimmer. The driver is a 12W Triac-Dimmable driver. What dimmer would work in this case? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Shandley View Post
    Hello! I have a long time standing customer who has a driver for some puck lights that he doesn't want to change. He apparently burned up a Lutron dimmer (stuck full on). I need to replace it but I typically match a driver to a Lutron dimmer, not the other way around and his driver is not on the approval list but is dimmable. He doesn't really care about warranty, etc and doesn't want to change anything other than the dimmer. The driver is a 12W Triac-Dimmable driver. What dimmer would work in this case? Thanks!
    First, I would check the fixture manufacturers website and see if they have any recommendations.
    Second, I would check the driver manufacturers website and see if they have any recommendations.

If both of those fail. I would the the PRO dimmer. There is no guarantee but it does forward or reverse phase (manually selected). Make sure you connect the neutral even if it says "optional."
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com