Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: PD-10NXD and pairing

PD-10NXD and pairing

I suspect I am about to display my ignorance here, but since my ability to use search is even more limited than my knowledge of Caseta, here goes...

I am having an issue with pairing a Pico Remote and a PD-10NXD, I am using for under-counter LED strip drivers.

I can get it to pair with a Pico, but when I then add it to the bridge, I lose the Pico pairing.

It seems this dimmer can only be "paired" to one or the other.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Bill

I found the problem. I thought I had added the pico to the bridge, but had not, doh!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill S. View Post
    I found the problem. I thought I had added the pico to the bridge, but had not, doh!
    You are correct, you can manually pair Caseta devices without a bridge or you can assign them to a bridge but not both.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by randyc View Post
    You are correct, you can manually pair Caseta devices without a bridge or you can assign them to a bridge but not both.
    Spot on.

A subtlety I had missed was once you have a bridge, you don’t need (or even want) to go through the manual pairing process. I had a number of Picos that were sitting as orphans in the “Home” room. I never even realized they were there before this problem.

A shout out to SDR-Mike for his video on how to reset a dimmer to factory defaults, it was super helpful. Now all my Picos are in their correct room and assigned to their correct dimmers.

Along with all the three/four way assignments, I have started experimenting with simple Pico Remotes to set a few room scenes. I am really looking forward to finding the right place to buy my 4 button remotes to start doing a little scene control.

Some fun.