Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Homeowner : Help : RaidoRA 2

New Homeowner : Help : RaidoRA 2

Hello Lutron Community,I recently purchased a new home with a substantial Lutron setup. I know the IP address of the RadioRa2.I can ping the IP address of the RadioRa2 (from my PC) I downloaded the iphone/ipad lutron software, reated an account and tried to "Add Home" via the application It goes into "discovering mode" and never finds it. I then go into advanced mode, enter the known IP address of the Lutron RaidoRa2 (192.168.1.32) I have tried using the Lutron software on the iphone and ipad and cannot connect to the network. The error is the same " Cannot connect to your Connect Bridge"The Lutron is connected directly(hardwired) to my AT&T wireless router and my phone is also connected to the same wireless network. Any advice here on how to get it to connect? A better piece of software that would be needed? Maybe something for the PC? If so, which one should I try and find/download. Thank you so much to all-russP S: My goal is to be able to turn on/off lights from my phone and also change some of the default lighting modes to 100% (many are set to 50%). PPS: Why is it not saving my formatting, I am adding spacing to try and make it more legible ?

You need the PC-based setup software. Which if you have only one main repeater can be obtained from Lutron for free by going through their online courses. If you have a Ra2 setup with more than one main repeater (more than 99 devices) then you'll have to attend an in-person training.

With the Ra2 software you should be able to download the configuration from the existing Ra2 repeater (assuming the firmware isn't too old on it). But you may not want to do that. You may or may not like the whole setup and it's probably easier to just manually reset each device and re-pair them to a fresh configuration. Hard to say without knowing how many devices you've got or how involved a configuration is already set up. But sometimes it's easier/faster/less headaches to just start fresh.

If you have a L-BDG2 or L-BDG2PRO you need the "Caseta & RA2 Select" app. If you have older version (without the "2" in the model number) contact Lutron about upgrades.

If you have a RR-SEL-REP2, you need the "Caseta & RA2 Select" app.

If you have a RR-MAIN-REP running >12.0, you need a connect bridge (CONNECT-BDG2-1) and the Lutron "Connect" app. You will need to input the IP address off the bridge not the main repeater. If you have an older version of the bridge (with out the "2") contact Lutron about upgrades. The bridge is a small black or white plastic box about 3-in square and 1-in thick. It connects to the network via cable so it is probably close to your router.

The page formatting is messed up. Lutron will have it fixed before we land men on Mars.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Thank you both for the quick response.Based on what I can tell, I have an RR-MAIN-REP-WH (and probably 2 secondary repeaters). I do not see a connect bridge based upon the pictures, but will search the attic and other areas. Also searching for 2 secondary repeaters as there are cables telling me they are in different parts of the house.Based on this I am guessing I have to do in person training to change my config but still lookign to find the CONNECT-BRIDGE which for some reason is eitehr too small to find or not in the configuration.Would it exist if there are 2 RR-AUX-REP-WH in the configuration?

Update: Found 2 RR-AUX-REP-WH in the house, but cannot find any connect bridges. Update 2: All of the Lutrons are integrated with a Elan SystemIf I get a connect a connect bridge to the system/router do you think I would be able to accomplish my goals of changing the default light levels and such. It is doubtful that I plan on adding additional lutrons to the system

Quote Originally Posted by russhull View Post
    Update: Found 2 RR-AUX-REP-WH in the house, but cannot find any connect bridges. Update 2: All of the Lutrons are integrated with a Elan SystemIf I get a connect a connect bridge to the system/router do you think I would be able to accomplish my goals of changing the default light levels and such. It is doubtful that I plan on adding additional lutrons to the system
    If it is still available at the app store/google play, I would get the Home Control + app and try it. It is free and does not require a connect bridge. It will allow you to add/delete zones from buttons and change the levels. It will also allow you to create and edit timed events. There is a limit of 2000 edits (each time you click save). That sounds like a lot unless you go 51% save, 52% save, 55% save, etc. If you reach the 2000 limit you will need the software to reset it.

HC+ is going away. It won't be available if you get a new phone and won't work if the system is running >12.0 software.

The Connect Bridge is an add-on. You will need the programming software to initially add it to the system. After that everything can be done from the Lutron connect app.

Elan is talking to the main repeater. Adding a Connect Bridge won't change that. The Connect Bridge is used for remote access, voice integration (like Alexa) and geo-fencing.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

7. Likes MichaelHewitt_HSA liked this post
    Hi! I'm sorry I'm writing on an old topic, but I have a similar problem. I bought a new house very quickly as I sold the old one to realtors from flagshipbuilders.net, and after receiving the money, I immediately moved (I don't want to go into the reasons for the move, but it was necessary). Now I can't connect the Lutron in my new home, and my problem is very similar to the one described by the topic starter. None of the ways to solve the problem written about earlier worked for me. Do you guys have any other ideas on how to resolve this?

Quote Originally Posted by randyc View Post
    If it is still available at the app store/google play, I would get the Home Control + app and try it. It is free and does not require a connect bridge. It will allow you to add/delete zones from buttons and change the levels. It will also allow you to create and edit timed events. There is a limit of 2000 edits (each time you click save). That sounds like a lot unless you go 51% save, 52% save, 55% save, etc. If you reach the 2000 limit you will need the software to reset it.

HC+ is going away. It won't be available if you get a new phone and won't work if the system is running >12.0 software.

The Connect Bridge is an add-on. You will need the programming software to initially add it to the system. After that everything can be done from the Lutron connect app.

Elan is talking to the main repeater. Adding a Connect Bridge won't change that. The Connect Bridge is used for remote access, voice integration (like Alexa) and geo-fencing.

I do not want to buy a bridge. Any suggestion on how to get the HC+ to work. Is my phone too new maybe? I get this message now:

This app is not compatible
    with the version of your
    Lutron system. Please
    contact your Installer or
    Lutron customer service to
    upgrade to the Connect app.

Quote Originally Posted by atulkmadan@yahoo.com View Post
    I do not want to buy a bridge. Any suggestion on how to get the HC+ to work. Is my phone too new maybe? I get this message now:

This app is not compatible
    with the version of your
    Lutron system. Please
    contact your Installer or
    Lutron customer service to
    upgrade to the Connect app.
    You may not /want/ to buy a bridge, but that's what you'll have to do if you want to use Lutron's off-site control of the devices. The main repeaters are for local control only. Some folks have 3rd party systems integrated with it (elan, control4, crestron, and a whole host of more DIY kinds of solutions). Those talk to the main repeaters directly, no bridge is required. The only time a Lutron bridge is required would be to support using the Lutron app. Which is arguably a bit weak on functionality.

At this point your best 'jumpstart' on this would probably be to contact a local home automation integrator that can come out and inventory what you've got and take you through it.

I have a Radio RA2 system with main repeater but NO bridge. I was able to use the older app to use the static IP and user name/pwd to connect to the system and use it. But on the new phone, I am unable to use the older app and the newer apps have no way to configure the IP + username & pwd to connect to the system.

Is there any other way to connect to the system without needing to buy a bridge? Anyway to get the old app (apk install it) and use it?

thanks for your help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast