Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Controlling a hw-rpm-4u relay over rs232 + retrieve prog error

Controlling a hw-rpm-4u relay over rs232 + retrieve prog error

Hey Guys,Currently i'm doing a full integration over rs232 with crestron on a homeworks 8 series system.So far so good for controlling the dimmers.The only thing i'm struggling with is how to control a hw-rpm-4u relay?I cannot find a working command for this one.Another problem is that i'm not able to extract the current program from lutron.I'm using Homeworks Illumination v1.62.It is possible to retrieve a file, but when i try to open it, the file is corrupted.Please help :)

Quote Originally Posted by YannickC View Post
    Hey Guys,Currently i'm doing a full integration over rs232 with crestron on a homeworks 8 series system.So far so good for controlling the dimmers.The only thing i'm struggling with is how to control a hw-rpm-4u relay?I cannot find a working command for this one.Another problem is that i'm not able to extract the current program from lutron.I'm using Homeworks Illumination v1.62.It is possible to retrieve a file, but when i try to open it, the file is corrupted.Please help :)
    You can control each output using the same commands as for a dimmer. Each output has a 5-segment address as follows

processor : link : module interface# : module : output

Dimmers use a similar address scheme
    processor : link : dimmer interface# : bus : output

RF dimmers only have a 4 segment address
    processor : link : bus : address

File corruption was a known issue with that generation of processors. You can try this but it is probably not going to work.

Create a new file with the processor(s) in the system. Use the exact model numbers.
    Save the file. I don't know why but this makes a difference.
    Extract the program using RS232. The file size should be 1-2 mb.

You can send the file to Lutron to see if they can get any useful info out of it or maybe get it to open so you can copy it to another program. I wouldn't put much faith in this option.

If you know someone with MS Access or FoxPro(?) skills they might be able to hack the DB to get you enough info to rewrite the program.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Thanks Randy,I tried the dimmer command already but with no real success.At one moment i was able to control a relay, but it was not logical.i would expect this will work :FADEDIM, 0, 0, 0, [01:01:02:02:01]\x0DFADEDIM, 100, 0, 0, [01:01:02:02:01]\x0D But i noticed when i played with the level the relay switched.0 and 100 was not working at all.. i need to use a level in between.Then when i tough, yes we can use this level to switch the relay, i tried to use an other address but nothing happens :(The rs232 connection is something i can try for the extract...In the mean time i asked the customer to try to get a copy of the original file... EDIT : HOW CAN I USE NEW LINES IN A POST?