Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Phillips led with 6CL

Phillips led with 6CL

Hi.
    I have a problem dimming Phillips MR16 GU10 4.5W led Bulb with RRD-6CL.

The problem is. When i turned off the lights some seconds later one of the bulbs turned on at minimum, some circuits have 2, 4, 5 bulbs in every case persits the issue.

Any suggestions?

Sorry for my bad english :)

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Good afternoon evillalobos,

Digital dimming controls like Radio RA2 provide an electronic off to the lights instead of fully disconnecting the load from power. This is done so you will still be able to see the indicator lights on the control while it is turn off. In some cases you will find sensitive LED products can detect the slight trickle charged used to keep the indicator lights on which results in the LEDs staying on very dim as well.

If you were to replace just one LED with an incandescent or halogen bulb you might be able to keep the lights off. This is due to the fact that incand/halogen bulbs are resistive and this will help keep the trickle charge from being detected by the LEDs.

In order to determine if there is another Radio RA2 dimmer that we can recommend for the LED that you have, please visit our LED selection tool found at www.lutron.com/ledtool. This LED selection tool will allow you to generate a list of compatible LED products for all of our LED rated dimming controls. You will all be able to access a testing report for each of the LEDs listed here. The report will provide you with a list of all the dimmers we can recommend for that LED, the amount of LEDs each dimmer can control and the dimming range you will experience.

For this search you would need the 10 digit Philips number that begins with 929.

Please let me know if you have any questions.