Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Caseta Compatibility with Lithonia WF4 Wafer Lights

Caseta Compatibility with Lithonia WF4 Wafer Lights

I contacted Lutron Tech Support about Caseta compatibility with Lithonia WF4 LED wafers.Here’s the e-mail.I recently purchased a Caseta PD-6WCL dimmer switch with a smart hub and remote. I am installing 12 each - Lutron LED downlights rated at 10.5 Watts each (equivalent to 60w bulb output) that will be connected to the dimmer. The Lithonia WF-4 LED wafer lights I purchased list the Caseta PD-6WCL as a compatible dimmer/timer. I need the timer feature, and will likely not use the dimmer. I just noted that the maximum wattage on the PD-6WCL is 150W.Please advise on whether the PD-6WCL will sufficiently handle the load I’m going to have, or whether I will need a dimmer switch with a higher wattage rating.If that is the case, please advise on another Lutron dimmer/timer that is recommended, and that works with the Smart hub and remote I also purchased with the Caseta kit (PD-BDG-PKG1W).Thank you in advance for your assistance.Any help from the community would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by RazorCat View Post
    I contacted Lutron Tech Support about Caseta compatibility with Lithonia WF4 LED wafers.Here’s the e-mail.I recently purchased a Caseta PD-6WCL dimmer switch with a smart hub and remote. I am installing 12 each - Lutron LED downlights rated at 10.5 Watts each (equivalent to 60w bulb output) that will be connected to the dimmer. The Lithonia WF-4 LED wafer lights I purchased list the Caseta PD-6WCL as a compatible dimmer/timer. I need the timer feature, and will likely not use the dimmer. I just noted that the maximum wattage on the PD-6WCL is 150W.Please advise on whether the PD-6WCL will sufficiently handle the load I’m going to have, or whether I will need a dimmer switch with a higher wattage rating.If that is the case, please advise on another Lutron dimmer/timer that is recommended, and that works with the Smart hub and remote I also purchased with the Caseta kit (PD-BDG-PKG1W).Thank you in advance for your assistance.Any help from the community would be appreciated.
    There are no standards for the manufacture of LEDs. A brand-x 60w bulb may work fine while a brand-x 40w version of the same bulb may not. And that could change tomorrow.

The fixture you listed falls within the specs of the PD-6WCL. I would lean towards the PD-10NXD. It has a neutral connection which typically works better.

If you are really not interested in dimming, I would use a switch. The PD-6ANS also requires a neutral.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com