Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: LED VS Energy saving?

Question LED VS Energy saving?

Last week when i was about to buy an light for my another room the seller asked me which one do you want, LED or Energy saving. Which one is the best and what for?

Quote Originally Posted by smith99 View Post
    Last week when i was about to buy an light for my another room the seller asked me which one do you want, LED or Energy saving. Which one is the best and what for?
    I'm not sure what the seller is referring to. LEDs use ~80% less energy than comparable incandescent. Fluorescent is a close 2nd at ~75%. Halogen is a distant 3rd at ~20%. Incandescent is generally not available any more.

Some fixtures have fixed LEDs that can not be changed. If the LED dies, you have to replace the whole fixture.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

They really are the same thing. LED light bulbs are energy saving light bulbs. The seller might have been referring to a compact florescent light bulb but you should avoid florescent bulbs if at all possible. Even though they are energy efficient, they contain mercury vapor and are hard to safely dispose of. LED's are just as energy efficient if not more so and they are much easier to recycle and don't contain mercury vapor.

I am not sure if the seller was familiar with the LED or not, but it is obvious that the LED can save more energy than traditional bulbs. As per my own experience, the electricity cost was saved about 10%-20% after replacing all traditional bulbs three years ago for my flat.

It depends on what you want to use these kinds of bulbs for. If it's just to save on your electricity bill, you can choose the third option. Using solar panels, there is no need to choose an economy bulb with this option. All the energy comes from a free and inexhaustible source - the sun. So if you want to save money, you can install them on your roof and watch the effect. Such batteries have rules of care and storage, but there is nothing complicated about it. You can read about it at dragonsbreathsolar.co.uk. The main thing is that when you use such lamps, there is no pollution of the environment. How do you like the idea?