Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Visor Control Receiver - Inputs and LED state

Visor Control Receiver - Inputs and LED state

Is there a way to query the state of the Input LED's on the Visor Control Receiver. In looking through the integration protocol, it is not clear. I have a N.C. Magnetic Contact on the garage OH door that is plugged in to input 1 on the Visor Control Receiver. When the garage OH door is closed, the Input LED is GREEN. When the garage OH door is open, the Input LED is off. I had assumed this input could be used to query the state of the sensor plugged in to it.

You'll usually need a third party system to do this, although the input states can be viewed via the Connect app. In order to query, you will most likely use the third party control driver, or telnet into the main and use the integration protocol here: http://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocum...ary/040249.pdf
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

sorry for adding the ... but I have not found a way to put in the usual BBCode line break. it just removes all breaks and squeezes everything together.
    Thanks for confirming you can see input states in the Connect app as I do not have Connect.I have the input labeled in Integration Designer, but it does not show up on the integration report.
    I'll telnet in to the main repeater and just go down the list until I can find it. What I do need to find out is if you can access Input state with the integration protocol. I assume you can if it's showing up in the Connect app. The integration protocol document (page 137) has a note that getting the LED state is for "Scene LED's only" which does not make sense if you can see the input state in the Connect app.
    The documentation also notes the only actions for Inputs 1 and Input 2 are "Open Input" and "Close Input".. If this is for the monitoring of a contact closure input, then I'm at a loss.

The LED will correspond to the state of the input (open or closed) as defined by the type of CC. Monitoring the state of the input should be the same as monitoring the LED for that input. If you are trying to trigger a scene or light dependent on the state of the input, I believe you can "learn" the input to a scene button by following the instructions in the VCRX manual. That way an open input could trigger a lighting scene for you.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

Thanks. The LED does in fact correspond to the state of the input as when I open / close the OH door, the LED reacts (Closed-GREEN or Open-OFF). I was hoping to be able access this state from the integration protocol.
    I'll try to "learn" the input to a scene button as I can add this "button" to my integration system.

In the Setup Guide http://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocum...y/044-254b.pdf
    Will let you know how it goes..

Not very intuitive. From the Essentials, I've got the Input 1 set to maintained, but there is no option to one of the Keypad buttons. The manual is also unclear. Having this turn on lights is pretty easy, however, I control all of that through the automation system.
    I'm really just trying to get the state of the input sensor. Since this apparently available in Connect, I am wondering how Lutron is doing this.

So the manual was not much help. I did add a Phantom Button to the MAIN-REP but I am not able to assign the Open / Close action of Input 1 or Input 2 to the MAIN-REP Phantom Button as the MAIN-REP does not show up when I click on the Input 1, then Open or Close in the Select Input Action to Program.
    I had assumed that you could program the Input 1 to activate the Phantom Button when Input 1 is in either Close or Open state.
    I've also tried adding a Homeowner Keypad but get the same result: the Homeowner Keypad does not show up as a selection when clicking on the Visor receiver Input 1 Open or Close state (Select action to program).

Quote Originally Posted by radioRA2automation View Post
    So the manual was not much help. I did add a Phantom Button to the MAIN-REP but I am not able to assign the Open / Close action of Input 1 or Input 2 to the MAIN-REP Phantom Button as the MAIN-REP does not show up when I click on the Input 1, then Open or Close in the Select Input Action to Program.
    I had assumed that you could program the Input 1 to activate the Phantom Button when Input 1 is in either Close or Open state.
    I've also tried adding a Homeowner Keypad but get the same result: the Homeowner Keypad does not show up as a selection when clicking on the Visor receiver Input 1 Open or Close state (Select action to program).
    Add a phantom dimmer/switch and name the zone something clever like "OH Door Status." Assign the phantom zone to the CCI on the VCRX. The light should turn on when the CCI closes. You can poll the status of the zone or assign it to a keypad and poll the keypad.

I believe the light will go off when the CCI opens. I don't have one to test so you will need to run an experiment.

I would probably remove the phantom zone from the app. If a user turns the phantom zone off the feedback will be out of sync.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

As I was closing the software I saw the option to select momentary or maintained for the CCI. The maintained option gives you the ability to program the open and close functions separately so you can program close/on, open/off, etc.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast