Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Visor Control Receiver - Inputs and LED state

Thanks. I was staring at it way too long yesterday. Yes, for CCI's the LED is OFF when the contact is open and GREEN when the contact is closed. Let me try this again with the phantom switch.

Quote Originally Posted by radioRA2automation View Post
    Thanks. I was staring at it way too long yesterday. Yes, for CCI's the LED is OFF when the contact is open and GREEN when the contact is closed. Let me try this again with the phantom switch.
    I was referring to the LED status of the phantom zone. I would probably use a switch for the phantom zone. Like the CCI, a switch only has two states.

Regardless of the CCI LED status, you can program it so when the CCI is closed it turns the phantom zone on.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Thanks Randy. I was able to get this working. Steps for others. Hope these help as doing this was not very intuitive, for me anyways.
    1. In Design, under Rooms, select Garage
    2. Add an RRD-8NS
    3. Next, click on Program, and select the Visor Control Receiver
    4. Click on the Input associated with the CCI
    5. For a garage door CCI, select the "maintained" option for "Input reacts on..."
    6. For "Select input action to program", click on "Close"
    7. For the Virtual switch, hover over the "OH Door Status" checkbox
    8. Select the Switch Level On so that On is associated with Close. This would mimic the default Inputs LED status on the Visor Control Receiver. That is, when the CCI is closed, the LED is GREEN. When the CCI is opened, the LED is OFF.
    9. For "Select input action to program", click on "Open" the OH Door Status check box should already read Off.
    10. You can obviously set the On / Off to your liking, but I am trying to mimic the default LED behavior on the Visor Control Receiver
    11. Next, Click on Transfer and then Start Transfer. You will get a warning about the "Virtual" switch not being activated, which you can ignore.

I'm impressed you got this site to accept pics. I can barely get it to accept carriage returns.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

I use imgbb.com. Then cut and paste the file name with the img tags. How the heck are you doing carriage returns?

Wanted to update this thread. I was curious how some automation systems show "opening" when you click open the OH door. Turns out, many "fake" this status by setting a delay. That is, they do not know when the door is actually fully opened. I wanted to solve this for my OH door.
    I added an additional magnetic contact to my OH door.
    In Essentials, I added a two RRD-8NS switches. One to account for the OH door being closed (magnetic contact closure sensor in standard closed position) and the other to account for the OH door being opened (magnetic contact closure sensor in opened position from above)
    Then it was a matter of programming the Visor Controller Inputs 1 and 2.
    When Input 1 (magnetic contact closure sensor in standard closed position) is Open (OH door is open), the switch will be turned OFF. When Input 1 is Close (OH door is closed), the switch will be turned ON.
    When Input 2 (magnetic contact closure sensor in opened position) is Open (OH door is closed), the switch will be turned OFF. When Input 2 is Close (OH door is fully opened), the switch will be turned ON.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12