Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Dimmer switch setup for multiple recessed LED lights in living room

Dimmer switch setup for multiple recessed LED lights in living room

Planning to add 6 of these to living room - https://www.homedepot.com/p/Commerci...282/3060798851) - Can I control these with just two Lutron Caseta Dimmer switches? Each switch controls a set of 3 recessed LEDs. If not how many switches I need?- For two bridges, I see we have to switch accounts in app to control the switches. Can the switches on both bridges be controlled by Google assistant or does it need special setup?TIA

Quote Originally Posted by user17 View Post
    Planning to add 6 of these to living room - https://www.homedepot.com/p/Commerci...282/3060798851) - Can I control these with just two Lutron Caseta Dimmer switches? Each switch controls a set of 3 recessed LEDs. If not how many switches I need?- For two bridges, I see we have to switch accounts in app to control the switches. Can the switches on both bridges be controlled by Google assistant or does it need special setup?TIA
    3 of those fixtures is within the capacity of all Caseta dimmers. That doesn't meant their performance will be acceptable. There are no standards for the manufacture of LEDs. It may take only 1 fixture to make the dimmer work correctly or it may take 3 or 4. Some brands may not work at all or at least won't have acceptable performance. You can lutron.com/led and see if Lutron has tested them.

You can now go to 75 devices on a single Caseta bridge. If you have 2 bridges, each one is treated as a separate home. Google has no way of knowing they are in the same building.

In August 2019 Google announced they were discontinuing the "works with" program. I believe if you have an older/nest account it still works.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com