Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Pd-6ans

Pd-6ans

On the advice of Lutron, I purchased this switch in order to be able to add a Pico inside my garage. Currently the only way to turn on the garage lights is from inside the house. I have 3 four foot long fluorescent fixtures that have 2 bulbs each, so a total of 6 bulbs. The ballast label says the input current is 1 amp, so I would assume it is 3 amps for the 3 fixtures together . I installed the switch in a 4 gang box - it's the third so I had to remove all metal tabs. I wire nutted the blue wire, identified with a voltage meter which black wire should connect to the red wire, connected the other 2 black wires together, and all white wires were connected together in the box. I cannot get this switch to work. If I pull out and push in the FASS and repeat and repeat and repeat, it might come on. If I turn it off with the switch I have to start all over again, the on button will do nothing. Did I do something wrong here? Lutron has already replaced this switch after I contacted them thinking it was defective, but the new one does exactly the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by clthomas3 View Post
    On the advice of Lutron, I purchased this switch in order to be able to add a Pico inside my garage. Currently the only way to turn on the garage lights is from inside the house. I have 3 four foot long fluorescent fixtures that have 2 bulbs each, so a total of 6 bulbs. The ballast label says the input current is 1 amp, so I would assume it is 3 amps for the 3 fixtures together . I installed the switch in a 4 gang box - it's the third so I had to remove all metal tabs. I wire nutted the blue wire, identified with a voltage meter which black wire should connect to the red wire, connected the other 2 black wires together, and all white wires were connected together in the box. I cannot get this switch to work. If I pull out and push in the FASS and repeat and repeat and repeat, it might come on. If I turn it off with the switch I have to start all over again, the on button will do nothing. Did I do something wrong here? Lutron has already replaced this switch after I contacted them thinking it was defective, but the new one does exactly the same thing.
    Just to confirm...

Power should be coming in on the black wire. If the power continues on to another box you may have 2 or more wires connected to the black wire on the dimmer.

The wire going up to the lights should be on the red wire.

You must connect the neutral/white wire.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by randyc View Post
    Just to confirm... Power should be coming in on the black wire. If the power continues on to another box you may have 2 or more wires connected to the black wire on the dimmer. The wire going up to the lights should be on the red wire. You must connect the neutral/white wire.
    I connected the wire that read 124 volts on the voltage tester to the red wire. I connected the other black one, it said a few millivolts, to the black wire. I connected the white wire to all of the other white wires in the box as they were all wirenutted together.

Quote Originally Posted by clthomas3 View Post
    I connected the wire that read 124 volts on the voltage tester to the red wire. I connected the other black one, it said a few millivolts, to the black wire. I connected the white wire to all of the other white wires in the box as they were all wirenutted together.
    Black is power in so the 124v should connect to the black.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Thank you. Got it and it's working.