Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Switching to a new RA2 Programmer - Is it Difficult?

Switching to a new RA2 Programmer - Is it Difficult?

Long story short my wife and I weren't very happy with how the programmer did for the first pass of our system. Part of our issue w/ the programmer was general responsiveness, part of it was lack of what we perceived to be well-thought out ideas as well as not listening to things my wife specifically asked for. Our programmer was not the hardware installer - we had all of the hardware installed by our contractor during the remodel - so we already have a disjointed support model. So the question is, if I change to a new programmer, or if I were to go through the Lutron training myself and decide I wanted to deal w/ the software, is it possible to download the existing lighting project to a new installer's laptop? Said differently, could a new installer come in and pick up off what was already programmed, or do they need to start from scratch? Thx

The newest version of the software has an extraction feature, so you can download the file from your main repeater. Only issue will be if the original programmer was a Level 2 and used the Inclusive version of the software. Unless you know that information already, you won't know until an extraction is attempted. That being said, changing programmers is easy if the extraction goes smoothly. You might try calling the local representative for a recommendation or use the Where to find feature on Lutron's website.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

Thanks, Mike. Greatly appreciate the quick reply. Quite certain I'll go w/ a pro and will use the site as suggested.

What happens if they used Inclusive software but there are less than 100 devices? Can you extract with Essentials?

Inclusive is Inclusive, and is a security key on the Windows based machine that runs the software. Once Inclusive it will remain Inclusive no matter the amount of devices. Only way to change is to default the main and start from scratch using an Essentials program. Inclusive can extract Essentials files, but the file will be updated to reflect Inclusive if transferred back into the main- locking out Essentials.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols