Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Using other Picos for scene control

Using other Picos for scene control

I am actually using RA2 Select, but RA2S uses the same Lutron app, so it should work roughly the same as a Caseta system.I am wondering whether a pico listed as a wireless control rather than a scene control can be used to invoke scenes instead of being linked to a specific Maestro dimmer.It's probably not directly relevant, but I am actually controlling the system through Homekit. -Bob

Quote Originally Posted by rjcarlson49 View Post
    I am actually using RA2 Select, but RA2S uses the same Lutron app, so it should work roughly the same as a Caseta system.I am wondering whether a pico listed as a wireless control rather than a scene control can be used to invoke scenes instead of being linked to a specific Maestro dimmer.It's probably not directly relevant, but I am actually controlling the system through Homekit. -Bob
    Yes. In some cases it is a better application. Instead of having to create a 2nd "off" scene, models like the 3BRL will have an "off" setting by default. Plus some models have a "favorite" setting.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Could you further elucidate?

Quote Originally Posted by randyc View Post
    Yes. In some cases it is a better application. Instead of having to create a 2nd "off" scene, models like the 3BRL will have an "off" setting by default. Plus some models have a "favorite" setting.
    Could you expand on that? The "non-scene" picos have instructions for pairing with a specific Maestro device. Can those picos be paired directly with the Lutron app and then linked to a scene that sets the state of multiple devices?

Quote Originally Posted by rjcarlson49 View Post
    Could you expand on that? The "non-scene" picos have instructions for pairing with a specific Maestro device. Can those picos be paired directly with the Lutron app and then linked to a scene that sets the state of multiple devices?
    Yes. Once you assign a Pico to a Caseta system, you can assign any other dimmer/switch in the system to the Pico. Outside of a system, a Pico can be paired with a number of devices like Caseta, RA2 Select, RadioRA 2, LMJ, RMJ, etc.

With models like the 3BRL, what ever you assign to the on button is assigned to the off button. That's probably not an issue is most applications. You can assign several dimmers to the on button at various levels. They are automatically added to the off button. The raise/lower will control what ever is assigned to that Pico.

Use caution when setting up whole house scenes. If "Entertain" controls most of the lights in the house, turning it off will get very dark, very fast when you turn it off.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com