Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Difference between Lutron Sivoia QS Wireless Power Supply Panels

Difference between Lutron Sivoia QS Wireless Power Supply Panels

Hello - I'm trying to figure out what the difference is between two panels that claim to both support Lutron Sivoia QS Wireless shades. The two model numbers are:
    QSPSY-10PNL - http://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocum.../085355_EN.pdf - this claims to output 35V per channel to 10 channels and QSPSY-P1-10-60 - http://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocum...25_4_15_09.pdf - this claims to output 24V per channel to 10 channelsDoes anyone know the difference between these two units and which one should be used when powering Lutron Sivoia QS Wireless shades? I would think based on reading about the shades that the 24V output is more appropriate, but the sivoia qs website lists the QSPSY-10PNL as the power panel while the other is not mentioned explicitly, though the documentation for the P1-10-60 is still available on the lutron website.Thanks,John
    Last edited by jcacavias; 02-12-2020 at 09:56 AM. Reason: formatting

Quote Originally Posted by jcacavias View Post
    Hello - I'm trying to figure out what the difference is between two panels that claim to both support Lutron Sivoia QS Wireless shades. The two model numbers are: QSPSY-10PNL - http://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocum.../085355_EN.pdf - this claims to output 35V per channel to 10 channels and QSPSY-P1-10-60 - http://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocum...25_4_15_09.pdf - this claims to output 24V per channel to 10 channelsDoes anyone know the difference between these two units and which one should be used when powering Lutron Sivoia QS Wireless shades? I would think based on reading about the shades that the 24V output is more appropriate, but the sivoia qs website lists the QSPSY-10PNL as the power panel while the other is not mentioned explicitly, though the documentation for the P1-10-60 is still available on the lutron website.Thanks,John
    The QSPSY-P1-10-60 is the older model and may not be available. The design is a carryover from the Sivoia QED family.

The QSPSY-10PNL is the newer model. It has modular power packs (ordered separately) so you don't have to pay for 10 outputs if you only need 4 or 5. There is also a 30 output version of this panel.

Most of the QS stuff now says 35v. I think some of the older stuff said 24v.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

We had to swap a shade power supply panel recently, and I was a little weary of using 35V to power shades that were powered by a 24V power supply. I reached out to support and they said it was no problem- the power supply will adjust and send 24V to the shades. They ended up being fine, but why do they not mention that in the documentation?

Quote Originally Posted by johnmax View Post
    We had to swap a shade power supply panel recently, and I was a little weary of using 35V to power shades that were powered by a 24V power supply. I reached out to support and they said it was no problem- the power supply will adjust and send 24V to the shades. They ended up being fine, but why do they not mention that in the documentation?
    Lutron is pretty liberal with their documentation but it is not very consistent. I've also seen 24-36v referenced for QS products.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by randyc View Post

The QSPSY-10PNL is the newer model. It has modular power packs (ordered separately) so you don't have to pay for 10 outputs if you only need 4 or 5. There is also a 30 output version of this panel.
    Just to be clear....

The QSPSY-10PNL is just the chassis? If you select it to power shades, you'd still need to buy the actual power supplies? I'm not seeing those separate components listed in the power supply section for QS Wireless.

Lutron Technical Support
    The QSPSY-10PNL is the power supply for RF controlled Sivoia QS Wireless or Palladiom shades. It comes with both 5-output power modules installed. There isn't a "No Power Module" (-NPM) version of this panel, like there is for the wired QSPS-10PNL-NPM. Spec sheet: http://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocum.../085355_EN.pdf .Installation instructions: http://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocum...ary/045538.pdf .

Perfect. Thanks for the clarification!

Are both compatible with Homeworks QS? Thinking to add Homeworks QS to add HomeKit. I am planning to use Homeworks QS HQP6-2 to control both Maestro Wireless Lighting and Sivoia QS Wired Shades (with the QSPS-P1-10-60 for power).

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Thank you for your post ssinha13.

Both power supplies would work in a HomeWorks QS install. If you are looking for Apple HomeKit control, we would need also get a Connect Bridge Generation 2 in addition to the processor. This will allow you to setup the integration with Apple HomeKit to control the shades!