Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Can SeeTemp be set below 60F ??

Can SeeTemp be set below 60F ??

Homeowner here. The SeeTemp has a visible range of 60F to 80F. At night (during the winter) we want the house to be at 55F. The Lutron app (old one for Ipad) allows 55F to be chosen. When this set point is active the green set light on the SeeTemp flashes about every half second. That's OK but the house did not cool down below 60, even by 4:30 AM. The 55F kicks in at 9:00 PM. Maybe the house is that well insulated, but we are here in Colorado with over night temps in the teens or less. I my question is, does the SeeTemp allow set point temps below 60F? I could not find that info in the spec sheet. If less than 60F is not allowed, what would an alternative be with the RadioRA2 system? Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by ihleslie View Post
    Homeowner here. The SeeTemp has a visible range of 60F to 80F. At night (during the winter) we want the house to be at 55F. The Lutron app (old one for Ipad) allows 55F to be chosen. When this set point is active the green set light on the SeeTemp flashes about every half second. That's OK but the house did not cool down below 60, even by 4:30 AM. The 55F kicks in at 9:00 PM. Maybe the house is that well insulated, but we are here in Colorado with over night temps in the teens or less. I my question is, does the SeeTemp allow set point temps below 60F? I could not find that info in the spec sheet. If less than 60F is not allowed, what would an alternative be with the RadioRA2 system? Thanks in advance.
    The seeTemp is just a keypad. It is sending info to the HVAC controller. My guess is that the flashing indicates the current setpoint is outside of its display range.

In the Inclusive software when I add HVAC to a button the heat range is 50-80 degrees and 60-90 degrees for A/C. It rejects anything outside this range. In the HVAC schedule the low range is 50-80 and the high range is 60-90. I don't have a HVAC controller so I can't see what the ranges are in the app. Since you can create and edit schedules as well as change button programming, the options should be the same.

The system will go with the most recent command. If you use the app to set the temp to 55F it should stay there unless someone touches a seeTemp keypad.

You may want to look at eco mode. Eco mode offsets the temperature by 2-11 degrees. If you keep the house at 65 you could set eco mode to 10degrees and achieve the 55F temp. You can initiate eco mode by button press or timed event.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

@randyc - Thanks for the reply. I looked a little more and the installation instructions confirm what you stated. If the set point is below 60 or above 80, then the low or high green led flashes respectively. I can also confirm that setting at 55F works. When the heater comes on the red led indicating temperature also flashes until 60F is reached. As an aside I was impressed with the controller's "brains". We have the house temp set to be 68F at 6:00 AM. The heater came on at 4:47 AM and the house was nearly 68F at 6:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ihleslie View Post
    @randyc - Thanks for the reply. I looked a little more and the installation instructions confirm what you stated. If the set point is below 60 or above 80, then the low or high green led flashes respectively. I can also confirm that setting at 55F works. When the heater comes on the red led indicating temperature also flashes until 60F is reached. As an aside I was impressed with the controller's "brains". We have the house temp set to be 68F at 6:00 AM. The heater came on at 4:47 AM and the house was nearly 68F at 6:00 AM.
    It brings up a couple of questions though. The schedule doesn't know if you are in heat or cool mode. The minimum cool temp is 60F. What happens if you set the schedule to 55F?

What happens if you have the temp set to 55F and you initiate a 10d eco-mode? Will the temp go to 45F or does it bottom out at 55F?
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com