Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: HWQS - Timeclock runs but doesn't turn off load

HWQS - Timeclock runs but doesn't turn off load

Hi there,I'm struggling with a problem with HWQS for quite a few. I have this very large client which uses a HWQS system, with 9 processors and literally hundreds of loads. I have programmed several timeclock schedules for turning lights on and off. Most of them work ok, but some fail to activate/deactivate loads. This has been going for more than two years so far, and Lutron was never able to help us fix the problem. The thing is now i'm having the same problem on my own system at home, which is very small. I have a store on the corner of my house, which is run by my wife, and the HWQS system is supposed to control the front lights for the store along with our in house lights. The main front light is supposed to be turned off at 05:00 AM. The timeclock is ran, the app shows that no light is turned on, if i open the load on Lutron Connect it shows the load as OFF, but it's actually ON.Here is the link to today's photo and screenshots https://photos.app.goo.gl/cYcFsb5WNSYCmPDT9. *was unable to add attachments.

Quote Originally Posted by sergiobaiao View Post
    Hi there,I'm struggling with a problem with HWQS for quite a few. I have this very large client which uses a HWQS system, with 9 processors and literally hundreds of loads. I have programmed several timeclock schedules for turning lights on and off. Most of them work ok, but some fail to activate/deactivate loads. This has been going for more than two years so far, and Lutron was never able to help us fix the problem. The thing is now i'm having the same problem on my own system at home, which is very small. I have a store on the corner of my house, which is run by my wife, and the HWQS system is supposed to control the front lights for the store along with our in house lights. The main front light is supposed to be turned off at 05:00 AM. The timeclock is ran, the app shows that no light is turned on, if i open the load on Lutron Connect it shows the load as OFF, but it's actually ON.Here is the link to today's photo and screenshots https://photos.app.goo.gl/cYcFsb5WNSYCmPDT9. *was unable to add attachments.
    Lutron doesn't provide true feedback. When the system sends a command it assumes the device responds and sets LED status accordingly. This is what allows you to use phantom devices.

Just to clarify... the events are occurring and at the appropriate time but some devices are not responding? That sounds like a communication error. How are the misbehaving devices connected to the system? If you are using RF add more repeater(s).

Are the misbehaving devices on the same processor? It could be a network issue.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by randyc View Post
    Lutron doesn't provide true feedback. When the system sends a command it assumes the device responds and sets LED status accordingly. This is what allows you to use phantom devices. Just to clarify... the events are occurring and at the appropriate time but some devices are not responding? That sounds like a communication error. How are the misbehaving devices connected to the system? If you are using RF add more repeater(s). Are the misbehaving devices on the same processor? It could be a network issue.
    That's exactly what's happening. Specifically on my home and on the device that this is happening, it's not a RF device. It's a wired WPM which control my wife's store lightning. Most interesting is that i have other timeclocks for the same device and they work. On my client's system all modules are wired too, but there i use only LQSE-4S10 modules and it happens the same.

Quote Originally Posted by sergiobaiao View Post
    That's exactly what's happening. Specifically on my home and on the device that this is happening, it's not a RF device. It's a wired WPM which control my wife's store lightning. Most interesting is that i have other timeclocks for the same device and they work. On my client's system all modules are wired too, but there i use only LQSE-4S10 modules and it happens the same.
    Assuming your personal system is a single processor would eliminate network issues. Since the zone responds to other timers that would eliminate wiring issues. I would check the app to make sure no adjustments have been made to the timed event. I would also delete the existing timed event and create a new one then upload. You can roll the time ahead in terminal to test.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com