Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Will RMJS-8T work with low voltage switching

Will RMJS-8T work with low voltage switching

I need to install 0-10v dimming to a gymnasium with LED lights currently controlled by 24v switching.I was hoping to install these on the lights and have a wireless remote control the dimming, but I'm concerned that the module will not operate correctly if it gets turned on and off with the lights. Does this module need constant voltage to operate correctly?also im concerned about the milliamp rating of the device. 60 MA sink means that the maximum milliamp rating of all devices must not exceed 60 MA, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by electricianjmw View Post
    I need to install 0-10v dimming to a gymnasium with LED lights currently controlled by 24v switching.I was hoping to install these on the lights and have a wireless remote control the dimming, but I'm concerned that the module will not operate correctly if it gets turned on and off with the lights. Does this module need constant voltage to operate correctly?also im concerned about the milliamp rating of the device. 60 MA sink means that the maximum milliamp rating of all devices must not exceed 60 MA, correct?
    The RMJS is basically an in-wall dimmer that is designed to attach to a j-box. The RMJS has an internal switch which is what you should be using to turn the lights on/off. If you have a line-side switch before the RMJS you will experience some delays as the unit starts up. You may also experience adverse effects such as the RMJS returning to it's previous state when the power was cut.

The RMJS requires 120v or 277v input.

The RMJS has 2 ratings. It will switch a max of 8 amps on the line voltage side. It will dim a max of 60ma on the 10v side. You must consider both of these ratings when determining the layout.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com