Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Issues with Caseta Lamp Dimmer PD-3PCL-WH

Issues with Caseta Lamp Dimmer PD-3PCL-WH

I just bought a PD-3PCL-WH dimmer to control a plug-in lamp. The lamp bulbs are not designed to be dimmable, so I attempted to put the lamp dimmer into switch-only mode. When I turn the lamp off, it flickers in a headache-inducing way, making this a non-viable solution if this isn't fixed. I tried the switch-mode sequence again, in case it had shipped in switch mode, but i get exactly the same behavior. The Lutron app isn't helpful here, as it shows the same UI regardless of which mode the dimmer is in.Two questions:1. How can I stop the flickering when I turn the light off?2. How can I tell if the dimmer is in switch-only mode or not?and a feature request:The Lutron app should show the settings for each switch, and allow the user to make adjustments in-app, to change things like the dimmer/switch mode and the low/high end trim.

Quote Originally Posted by asgallant View Post
    I just bought a PD-3PCL-WH dimmer to control a plug-in lamp. The lamp bulbs are not designed to be dimmable, so I attempted to put the lamp dimmer into switch-only mode. When I turn the lamp off, it flickers in a headache-inducing way, making this a non-viable solution if this isn't fixed. I tried the switch-mode sequence again, in case it had shipped in switch mode, but i get exactly the same behavior. The Lutron app isn't helpful here, as it shows the same UI regardless of which mode the dimmer is in.Two questions:1. How can I stop the flickering when I turn the light off?2. How can I tell if the dimmer is in switch-only mode or not?and a feature request:The Lutron app should show the settings for each switch, and allow the user to make adjustments in-app, to change things like the dimmer/switch mode and the low/high end trim.
    Try putting a dimmable bulb in and see if the raise/lower buttons work. If they don't you are in switch mode.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com