Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Connecting to Processor HQP6-2

Connecting to Processor HQP6-2

Hello.

Few days ago, I had to upload program to HomeWorks QS processor, and during that I had a problem with connection.
    Firstly, I had an issue with subnet conflict, but I managed it changing the IP address on my LapTop (Windows7). Than, I restarted HomeWorks software and after that I clicked on activate, and status of processor was GOOD. Than, I tried to transfer program to processor, and there was a note: " Unable to communicate with processor " . After that, I went back, again click on Activate, and status of processor was NOT RESPONDING. Then, I tried several time on REFRESH, and ones I have status GOOD, and than NOT RESPONDING, and so on... I changed UTP cable, but nothing better hapend.
    I will note that previously I uploaded the program on the same processor, and everytime everything has worked well.

Does someone had the same experience with this processor, and can someone help me to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance!

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by Petar View Post
    Hello.

Few days ago, I had to upload program to HomeWorks QS processor, and during that I had a problem with connection.
    Firstly, I had an issue with subnet conflict, but I managed it changing the IP address on my LapTop (Windows7). Than, I restarted HomeWorks software and after that I clicked on activate, and status of processor was GOOD. Than, I tried to transfer program to processor, and there was a note: " Unable to communicate with processor " . After that, I went back, again click on Activate, and status of processor was NOT RESPONDING. Then, I tried several time on REFRESH, and ones I have status GOOD, and than NOT RESPONDING, and so on... I changed UTP cable, but nothing better hapend.
    I will note that previously I uploaded the program on the same processor, and everytime everything has worked well.

Does someone had the same experience with this processor, and can someone help me to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance!
    Petar,

If having communication issues we would recommend directly connecting to the processor, temporarily turning off firewalls and security software, set a static IP on the computer and processor, and see if the communication improves.

Hi Kevin.

I solved this problem by turning off my firewall. Thank you for your reply.