Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: flaky connect bridge

flaky connect bridge

I have only one installation I've done with a Connect Bridge, and it only occasionally is responsive when launching the Lutron Connect app or when issuing Alexa commands. Often the app just reports it can't connect. Rebooting the connect bridge and main repeaters sometimes helps, sometimes not.Is this just typical of this device? Or is it likely I have a bad connect bridge?Are others getting 100% reliable connections to the bridge? ( yes, the network in the home is otherwise fine, the repeaters work well...)

Quote Originally Posted by joshg View Post
    I have only one installation I've done with a Connect Bridge, and it only occasionally is responsive when launching the Lutron Connect app or when issuing Alexa commands. Often the app just reports it can't connect. Rebooting the connect bridge and main repeaters sometimes helps, sometimes not.Is this just typical of this device? Or is it likely I have a bad connect bridge?Are others getting 100% reliable connections to the bridge? ( yes, the network in the home is otherwise fine, the repeaters work well...)
    Make sure you have multi-cast enabled on your network.

You may need to have the modem in bridge mode. Your ISP should be able to do this remotely.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

I had a similar issue in one of my installations. I a) assigned a Static IP to the bridge and b) Reserved that IP in my router. I have not had any issues since then.