Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Caseta outlet blinking

Caseta outlet blinking

I had a Caseta dimmer installed to power an outlet for wet bar LED. I installed LED and they blink but the. Plugged i. On my phone charger and it flashes power on and off. The Caseta dimmer does not illuminate at all when I press buttons. I have 50 of these no issues, any idea why the outlet would pulsate like this? Is the Caseta even hooked up if it would light up when buttons are pressed?

Quote Originally Posted by MOD220 View Post
    I had a Caseta dimmer installed to power an outlet for wet bar LED. I installed LED and they blink but the. Plugged i. On my phone charger and it flashes power on and off. The Caseta dimmer does not illuminate at all when I press buttons. I have 50 of these no issues, any idea why the outlet would pulsate like this? Is the Caseta even hooked up if it would light up when buttons are pressed?
    Electronic dimmers have a minimum load requirement. Non-neutral dimmers like the PD-6WCL have a much higher minimum load requirement. The phone charger probably never gets up to power before the dimmer drops off. You can test the setup by plugging in a lamp, preferably with a 60+ watt bulb. A single LED bulb might work for the test. It depends on the wattage and type of the bulb.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com