Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Trouble with Harmony

Trouble with Harmony

I am having trouble adding RA2 to Harmony.... From the Harmony app: Add Device --> Home Control --> Lutron Bridge/Main Repeater --> Sign In to Lutron --> Authorize from Lutron --> Authorizing --> Lutron Account Authorization Failed.... I'm not sure what else I can do here. If I was going to have any trouble, I expected the problem would be getting Harmony to see Lutron. But Harmony recognizes Lutron and connection fails at Lutron. Suggestions? ...... And anyone have a clue why the forum is removing my formatting (line breaks) so everything shows up in one paragraph?

Quote Originally Posted by uscpsycho View Post
    I am having trouble adding RA2 to Harmony.... From the Harmony app: Add Device --> Home Control --> Lutron Bridge/Main Repeater --> Sign In to Lutron --> Authorize from Lutron --> Authorizing --> Lutron Account Authorization Failed.... I'm not sure what else I can do here. If I was going to have any trouble, I expected the problem would be getting Harmony to see Lutron. But Harmony recognizes Lutron and connection fails at Lutron. Suggestions? ...... And anyone have a clue why the forum is removing my formatting (line breaks) so everything shows up in one paragraph?
    I believe Harmony only works with RA2 Select and Caseta.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Excellent! More money for fewer features and less functionality! Thanks Lutron! I am surprised that Lutron enabled RA2 to work with Alexa and allegedly works with Google (I haven't been able to get it to work and the documentation is outdated).

Quote Originally Posted by uscpsycho View Post
    Excellent! More money for fewer features and less functionality! Thanks Lutron! I am surprised that Lutron enabled RA2 to work with Alexa and allegedly works with Google (I haven't been able to get it to work and the documentation is outdated).
    Google announced that all "works with Nest" connections would stop working on 08/31/19.

RadioRA 2 has an established integration protocol (http://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocum...ary/040249.pdf) that has been in place since day one. It was available prior to R2S which implies Logitech chose not to integrate with RA2.

RA2 Select is intended for a specific market. I wouldn't say it has less features but different features.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by randyc View Post
    Google announced that all "works with Nest" connections would stop working on 08/31/19.RadioRA 2 has an established integration protocol (http://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocum...ary/040249.pdf) that has been in place since day one. It was available prior to R2S which implies Logitech chose not to integrate with RA2. RA2 Select is intended for a specific market. I wouldn't say it has less features but different features.
    The Lutron-Logitech integration is cloud to cloud. The communications do not go over a local telnet connection. IMO the most logical explanation why the Connect Bridge doesn't integrate is it was a marketing decision. Don't compete with existing remote control integrations? Additionally, in the Harmony setup the wording says 'Lutron Bridge/Main Repeater"

But there is a round about way to add RadioRA 2 buttons/scenes to the Harmony system. In addition to Lutron and Logitech devices it requires a SmartThings hub and a Hubitat hub. Hubitat can integrate with the Lutron Main Repeater. SmartThings can integrate with Harmony. Hubitat can integrate with SmartThings. So, one creates a button in Hubitat that controls a Lutron scene. That button is shared to SmartThings via a Hubitat app called HubConnect. SmartThings shares the button to Harmony.

If you're really interested in making it work, you can probably pull it off with home assistant. It can expose lights that are integrated as a fake hue bulb using the emulated hue component.