Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: LR-TEMP-FLSH rough-in

LR-TEMP-FLSH rough-in

Whats the best way to rough in for a LR-TEMP-FLSH? I see they want a 1/2" hole in the drywall, however if I have my wire stubbed there is no way the drywaller will make the right size hole and then it'd be (difficult) impossible to drill a 1/2" hole with the wire there. Any suggestions would be appreciated! I've seen them installed in single gangs, but I'd like to make it as invisible as possible.

Thanks
    Colin

Quote Originally Posted by weekscolin View Post
    Whats the best way to rough in for a LR-TEMP-FLSH? I see they want a 1/2" hole in the drywall, however if I have my wire stubbed there is no way the drywaller will make the right size hole and then it'd be (difficult) impossible to drill a 1/2" hole with the wire there. Any suggestions would be appreciated! I've seen them installed in single gangs, but I'd like to make it as invisible as possible. Thanks Colin
    Lace the wire in the wall and fish it out after sheetrock. If you wanted to mark the spot you could stub a scrap piece of wire out.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by randyc View Post
    Lace the wire in the wall and fish it out after sheetrock. If you wanted to mark the spot you could stub a scrap piece of wire out.
    yeah, i'm just concerned with pulling a wire through a 1/2" hole without messing up the drywall a bit (i read the flush mount sensor is a bit temperamental) and with drywallers in our area if there is something stubbed out they tend to cut, eh, various size holes.

Quote Originally Posted by weekscolin View Post
    yeah, i'm just concerned with pulling a wire through a 1/2" hole without messing up the drywall a bit (i read the flush mount sensor is a bit temperamental) and with drywallers in our area if there is something stubbed out they tend to cut, eh, various size holes.
    1/2" isn't bad for fishing a cat 5. It's even easier if you use a smaller 2-conductor wire. You are probably going to have to touch up around the sensor either way.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

They suck! They don’t even screw in nicely, the resistive curve isn’t an exact match for the touch pro dimmers either.
    VAV
    Danbury, CT