Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Skylark non-solid state fan control compatible with my fan?

Skylark non-solid state fan control compatible with my fan?

I have fans from the Modern Fan Company, using their controls. No lights in the fans.They are A/C. https://modernfan.com/wp-content/upl...t_BAL_2019.pdf The original controls are labelled as solid-state. I tried replacing them with Lutron SFSQ-LF controls that my wife bought (she wants a different color). I believe these are non-solid-state, for what that's worth. They have light switches in them that we can't use, but whatever.The fans don't go when I put the new controls in. I tried linking a fan to the light switch in a control, via the yellow wire, and that made it go fast. An ohm meter shows very high resistance through the fan control unless it is on the fastest setting.Possibly I've just done something wrong. But I'm wondering if there are compatibility issues to be alert for.THanks for any help!

Quote Originally Posted by droodman View Post
    I have fans from the Modern Fan Company, using their controls. No lights in the fans.They are A/C. https://modernfan.com/wp-content/upl...t_BAL_2019.pdf The original controls are labelled as solid-state. I tried replacing them with Lutron SFSQ-LF controls that my wife bought (she wants a different color). I believe these are non-solid-state, for what that's worth. They have light switches in them that we can't use, but whatever.The fans don't go when I put the new controls in. I tried linking a fan to the light switch in a control, via the yellow wire, and that made it go fast. An ohm meter shows very high resistance through the fan control unless it is on the fastest setting.Possibly I've just done something wrong. But I'm wondering if there are compatibility issues to be alert for.THanks for any help!
    Your fan may have a receiver in it. The SFSQ-LF won't be able to control the fan with the receiver in place. It is normally located in the fan canopy but could be located in the motor housing. The model number of the fan control that came with the fan would indicated whether it has a receiver. Control FC-003, FC-004, and FC-005 require a receiver. Other models may require the receiver as well.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com