Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Need Help/Advice -- Toggle Style Shade Controls

Need Help/Advice -- Toggle Style Shade Controls

Hi folks, hoping someone can offer a solution.Several years ago we did our house with RA2, but we only did Shades on the 1st floor. All the 1st floor Shades function from (physical) 6-Button Keypads, each room has it's own button, and there are multiple shades on a single button per room.A few months ago, we added RA2 Shades on our 2nd floor, and we used 3-button Pico controls for that.I didn't realize until now how differently the Shades function with these two different setups. The 1st floor is all "toggle" style (keypads). Same button controls Up, Down, Stop etc. The 2nd floor has one button for Up, a second button for Down, and the middle button for Half-Way.Now, I would like the 2nd floor to have some kind of toggle-style option. This is important to me because I use voice-controls, and essentially I want up/down/stop control (for all shades in a particular room) from one button just like I currently have for the shade groups on my first floor.Questions:1.) what is the easiest way to get a toggle switch style for my 2nd floor shades?2.) could the Pico's be reprogrammed so that they act like a toggle? (eg; center button, or any button)3.) could I use a Virtual Keypad and have virtual 'buttons' control my 2nd floor shades via the Repeater (in addition to the Picos which are in the physical wall)Some other option?Really appreciate some suggestions.Best, -Jeff-BTW: I already use one Virtual Keypad for controlling groups of Lights, which is why I'm wondering if we can create a second Virtual Keypad to provide another control point for these groups of shades.

Not sure why the formatting is messed up in the post above, trying to fix it here:

Hi folks, hoping someone can offer a solution.

Several years ago we did our house with RA2, but we only did Shades on the 1st floor. All the 1st floor Shades function from (physical) 6-Button Keypads, each room has it's own button, and there are multiple shades on a single button per room.

A few months ago, we added RA2 Shades on our 2nd floor, and we used 3-button Pico controls for that.

I didn't realize until now how differently the Shades function with these two different setups. The 1st floor is all "toggle" style (keypads). Same button controls Up, Down, Stop etc. The 2nd floor has one button for Up, a second button for Down, and the middle button for Half-Way.

Now, I would like the 2nd floor to have some kind of toggle-style option. This is important to me because I use voice-controls, and essentially I want up/down/stop control (for all shades in a particular room) from one button just like I currently have for the shade groups on my first floor.

Questions:

1.) what is the easiest way to get a toggle switch style for my 2nd floor shades?

2.) could the Pico's be reprogrammed so that they act like a toggle? (eg; center button, or any button)

3.) could I use a Virtual Keypad and have virtual 'buttons' control my 2nd floor shades via the Repeater (in addition to the Picos which are in the physical wall)Some other option?

Really appreciate some suggestions.

Best, -Jeff-

BTW: I already use one Virtual Keypad for controlling groups of Lights, which is why I'm wondering if we can create a second Virtual Keypad to provide another control point for these groups of shades.

Pico buttons are all single action.

You can add another phantom/virtual keypad. The virtual keypad does take up 1 system address. Shades can be controlled from any number of buttons or timeclock events. You can have shades and lights on the same button.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com