Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Sirius LED projector 0-10 volt control

Sirius LED projector 0-10 volt control

We have a project coming up with a Sharon Marston lighting fixture that will have 9 UFO Sirius LED projectors. These have an RJ-45 input for 0-10 volt control. Does anyone have any experience with these? More specifically I am wondering how many channels I need from a LQSE-4T5-120-D to dim these? Can I daisy chain all 9 together?Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rgellner View Post
    We have a project coming up with a Sharon Marston lighting fixture that will have 9 UFO Sirius LED projectors. These have an RJ-45 input for 0-10 volt control. Does anyone have any experience with these? More specifically I am wondering how many channels I need from a LQSE-4T5-120-D to dim these? Can I daisy chain all 9 together?Thanks
    You can daisy chain 10v loads. However...

10v controls have 2 ratings. The switched load rating, usually in amps, determines the total load that the device can turn on and off. The 10v control rating, usually in milliamps, determines how much current the device can supply for dimming. You will need to check the specs for your specific projector and compare to the LQSE. My guess is the switch side is going to be more limiting and you may need more than one output.

Many of these projectors have a color wheel which does not like to be dimmed. You may need a separate control for the color wheel. Doesn't seem likely with a Marston but you never know.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com