Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Which Smart Bridge?

Which Smart Bridge?

So everything is pretty much installed in the new house, I am just under the 75 Device limit. I went over board on load segregation in a few rooms so the scene control of Caseta will be a welcome capability.

I have a down rev smart bridge I bought for testing while the home was being built (prior to the release of the 75 device limit firmware). I went in and removed that bridge and the dimmer I was using for my testing in my account and apps. If I go with my existing Smart bridge, I will have to upgrade the firmware before installing on my dimmers, picos, etc. on it to get to the new 75 device limit support.

The network is up and running at the new house and connected to my ISP so I am about ready to setup my Smart Bridge and start the configuration process.

I guess the question I have is whether I should just go ahead and buy a new smart bridge pro for the install? I definitely will use the Lutron app on my phone and may want to expand into Home Kit for my Honeywell smart thermostats, as well as the Lutron stuff, etc.

Any opinions pro and con would be welcome.
    Last edited by Bill S.; 01-08-2020 at 01:26 AM. Reason: Some simple housekeeping, grammar, etc.

Lutron Technical Support
    If you plug the older bridge into the network, unless it is many revisions behind, it should update itself automatically to the 75-device firmware revision when you use the app. If it doesn't update, please call our 24-hour Technical Support hotline at 1-844-588-7661.

Thanks

OK then, I will give it go, thanks much Brian.

If you have a 2nd gen bridge (model L-BDG2-WH) the only reason to upgrade to the PRO bridge would be if you are considering Triathlon shades. Some A/V and security systems may require the PRO bridge as well.

If you don't have a 2nd gen bridge, I would upgrade and go all the way to PRO. It's not that much more.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by randyc View Post
    If you have a 2nd gen bridge (model L-BDG2-WH) the only reason to upgrade to the PRO bridge would be if you are considering Triathlon shades. Some A/V and security systems may require the PRO bridge as well.

If you don't have a 2nd gen bridge, I would upgrade and go all the way to PRO. It's not that much more.
    Thanks Randy, it is still in storage, so I am not certain, but I am pretty sure it is the second gen bridge, given I bought it about two weeks before the 75 device limit announcement.

Once I start moving things over from the storage lockers, I will find it and verify.

I want to keep things fairly simple in this house, so a lot of whole home integration isn't on my agenda.

Thanks for the input.