Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: L-BDG2 Schedule no longer works No remote access

L-BDG2 Schedule no longer works No remote access

Comcast changed out our modem/router for a new unit. Since then I haven't been able to access anything from my app once i'm off my home wifi. It used to work but now it does not. Also, once i'm on my home wifi, and i open the app... I can turn lights on and off, but I am unable to get the schedule I set to turn lights on and off with the schedule.Thank you in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by ZEW77 View Post
    Comcast changed out our modem/router for a new unit. Since then I haven't been able to access anything from my app once i'm off my home wifi. It used to work but now it does not. Also, once i'm on my home wifi, and i open the app... I can turn lights on and off, but I am unable to get the schedule I set to turn lights on and off with the schedule.Thank you in advance!
    Check with the guy that manages your network but... the cable modem needs to be in bridge mode. That will allow devices like the Caseta bridge gain access to the Internet. You can confirm the setting by contacting Lutron tech support and asking if they can "see" the bridge. They will need the account name you used when registering.

Phones and computers are pretty smart. They can usually find their way to the Internet. Devices like the Caseta bridge are not-so-smart. They need a little help finding the Internet.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Lutron Technical Support
    ZEW77, it sounds like your bridge is no longer communicating with our server. The first thing I would recommend trying is to just power cycle the bridge while the ethernet cable is still connected to the bridge. Wait 2-3 minutes and then try connecting to the bridge. If that doesn't work, try holding the black button on the bridge for 20-25 seconds, until the LED bar around the bridge starts flashing rapidly. This will cause the bridge to pull a new IP address from the new router and try to connect to our server again. If this doesn't work, please call our 24-hour Technical Support hotline at 1-844-588-7661.

I will try that once i get home, but i can see the caseta device has an ip address. It is listed in the modem's web GUI as an attached device. Again... Once i am home I can turn lights on and off but I the schedules do not work and I cannot connect to the bridge from outside of my network. The app never connects but it used to before the new modem/router.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian W. View Post
    ZEW77, it sounds like your bridge is no longer communicating with our server. The first thing I would recommend trying is to just power cycle the bridge while the ethernet cable is still connected to the bridge. Wait 2-3 minutes and then try connecting to the bridge. If that doesn't work, try holding the black button on the bridge for 20-25 seconds, until the LED bar around the bridge starts flashing rapidly. This will cause the bridge to pull a new IP address from the new router and try to connect to our server again. If this doesn't work, please call our 24-hour Technical Support hotline at 1-844-588-7661.
    I tried what you listed above and I get the same results. When I am at home on my network, I am able to connect from the app on my iPhone. I am able to turn lights on and off but when I set a schedule it will not run. The lights do not turn on or off when the schedule tells them to. When off of my home network, I am still unable to connect to my lighting and make changes.

Quote Originally Posted by randyc View Post
    Check with the guy that manages your network but... the cable modem needs to be in bridge mode. That will allow devices like the Caseta bridge gain access to the Internet. You can confirm the setting by contacting Lutron tech support and asking if they can "see" the bridge. They will need the account name you used when registering. Phones and computers are pretty smart. They can usually find their way to the Internet. Devices like the Caseta bridge are not-so-smart. They need a little help finding the Internet.
    Randy, Putting a modem/router into bridge mode permanently is a terrible idea. Bridge mode disables your private network and puts all of your home devices directly on the internet. I hope you mean to only put it into bridge mode temporarily while support is trying to troubleshoot the issue.

Old thread, but was the system setup for local static IP addresses or was it setup for DHCP? I know Lutron's best practices are to give everything a static IP address but if that's the case and someone changes the router, you may get a whole different network scheme: maybe originally you had 192.168.1.20 for your main repeater and 192.168.1.21 for the connect bridge but the new router is set up for 10.1.1.x . Seems like having DHCP would be better for a house that doesn't have an active network administrator and the homeowner or their ISP may change the router on them.

nevermind...this is Caseta...disregard last post.