Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Maestro occupancy sensor switch issue

Maestro occupancy sensor switch issue

My switch turns on with no activity in or near the room. It was working great for the first 2 weeks and now my closet light is on constantly.
    It’s located completely out of range for any motion from bedroom, hallway, or adjacent areas.

Bad switch or is there a reset option to try and start from scratch again?

Quote Originally Posted by Traemac17 View Post
    My switch turns on with no activity in or near the room. It was working great for the first 2 weeks and now my closet light is on constantly. It’s located completely out of range for any motion from bedroom, hallway, or adjacent areas. Bad switch or is there a reset option to try and start from scratch again?
    Some models have a "learn" feature. I would turn that off (see installation instructions for your model).

They can be affected by heat (HVAC vents).

I know you said it was out of range but try masking. You literally put masking tape on the sensor so it can't see in certain directions. Might help if the HVAC/heat is an issue.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

I am having the exact same issue. I have reset the sensor, disconnected the power then reconnected the power and the sensor continues to stay on afterwards. I have changed the settings for sensitivity and timer to the least sensitive and timer to one minute.

It works great for a day or two then it’s like it’s reversed. I turn the light off, then after a minute, it turns back on. I turn it off again and after a minute it turns back on again.

I’ve “reset” the switch multiple times and it always ends in the same result.

Any ideas?

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Hello andrewd,Thanks for your post! It sounds like there could be additional variables in play that could be causing the issue you're describing. The best best to get to the root cause of the issue would be to give us a call here at our 24/7 Technical Support Team @ 1-888-Lutron1 (588-7661) for us to assist in troubleshooting the issue. We look forward to hearing from you!-JustinF.

Same issue....

Our power went off. When it came back on, we noticed that the light in the one room with the Maestro Switch, will stay on. If we turn the switch off manually, it will come back on within a minute. We have held both buttons down and reset it, and it still does it. I would like to know what you did for andrew as it appears it's a similar issue. We have 3 of these light switches, and they have been working great for a few years now. But just this one in the one room, is no longer doing what it used to. How do we fix it ?