Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: RRD-6NA Dimmers reset but do not Activate Any Longer on main repeater 12.4 software

RRD-6NA Dimmers reset but do not Activate Any Longer on main repeater 12.4 software

I got these dimmers activated at some point but things weren't quite right. So I deleted the Lighting Location and Zone and pushed the files to the main repeater. All fine ... I then reset the dimmers using the three tap method...and yes on both they rapidly flash up and down...I then triple tap again and the lights scroll slowly...go into a fuzzy mode then reset.I then create the devices again in the design environment ... save the file and head to the activation tab to reactivate the devices. Unfortunately they will no longer activate ... even after the triple tap reset. I really don't want to clear out the whole main repeater ...Need advice as to what I can try. Also note I had accidentally associated an Occupancy sensor directly with one of these devices. I made sure to reset the Occupancy sensor as well...although I can't confirm that it truly reset as the second triple tap I only get one slow flash instead of multiple slow flashes ... AT a loss for how to proceed.

Quote Originally Posted by tjencks@uhunet.com View Post
    I got these dimmers activated at some point but things weren't quite right. So I deleted the Lighting Location and Zone and pushed the files to the main repeater. All fine ... I then reset the dimmers using the three tap method...and yes on both they rapidly flash up and down...I then triple tap again and the lights scroll slowly...go into a fuzzy mode then reset.I then create the devices again in the design environment ... save the file and head to the activation tab to reactivate the devices. Unfortunately they will no longer activate ... even after the triple tap reset. I really don't want to clear out the whole main repeater ...Need advice as to what I can try. Also note I had accidentally associated an Occupancy sensor directly with one of these devices. I made sure to reset the Occupancy sensor as well...although I can't confirm that it truly reset as the second triple tap I only get one slow flash instead of multiple slow flashes ... AT a loss for how to proceed.
    Make sure you have the right dimmer in the software. Even though you change it to 6NA it will sometimes change when you move through the other fields. Pretty awesome feature eh!?

If you associated the sensor and dimmer outside of the RA2 software, you can't add them to the software. Factory defaulting the sensor should break the link. From your description, it sounds like the sensor didn't take the reset??
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by randyc View Post
    Make sure you have the right dimmer in the software. Even though you change it to 6NA it will sometimes change when you move through the other fields. Pretty awesome feature eh!?If you associated the sensor and dimmer outside of the RA2 software, you can't add them to the software. Factory defaulting the sensor should break the link. From your description, it sounds like the sensor didn't take the reset??
    Ok so I got the motion sensor reset this time...then I reset both RRD-6NA dimmers and made sure they were set as RRD-6NA. I then deleted the dimmers in design mode...did a transfer. Now in theory I should be staring clean, with two dimmers and one Occupancy sensor reset to factory defaults.Well I can tell you that the factory default reset doesn't fully break the link between Occupancy sensor and dimmer. I know the Occupancy sensor was reset as I had it set at 5 minutes after I leave a room it switches off the light and this was reset to the default which is 15 minutes.Now this time around I first tried activating a dimmer not associated with the Occupancy sensor ... but is in the same double gang box. I held the dimmer paddle down until I heard the main repeater beep. I went back to the app and sure enough the activate link was now associated with the device. I think clicked the link but instead of the link turning green...I heard the main repeater beep but the device never gets highlighted in green and identified as an activated device.Now moving on to the dimmer controlling the over head garage lighting that was previously associated with the Occupancy sensor...I had the exact same experience as before where the activate link is presented in the software and instead of activating the device it goes back to the dull blue color of an inactivated device.Here is the strange thing...I then activated the Occupancy sensor and during activation the dimmer that was previously associated with it faded the light up and down in the garage even though I had not programmed or associated anything about the dimmer and Occupancy sensor after the factory resets.So again ... It could be that by manually pairing the dimmer to the Occupancy sensor after they where joined to the main repeater has got something really screwed up. I'm not sure how this bled over to the other dimmer but now when I try to activate both dimmers ... all their lights just flash.Do I now have to RMA all three units ?AGain haven't seen this before and usually Lutron software has been pretty stable but this experience in 12.4 seems like a bad regression in code either that or I hit a nasty corner case.

The only thing I could find said the factory reset should break the link. It sounds like you will need to contact Tech Support.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Curious about your first sentence
    "I got these dimmers activated at some point but things weren't quite right."
    Can you explain more. I may be a dunce and that was what your post is saying.

Have you thought of the possibility of a corrupt file. Any chance you have a backup file to step back a few transfers?
    Got a spare main rep in your back pocket you can do a test project with the crazy devices?
    In my trouble I sometimes get lucky and find the problem straight away. BUT a lot of time I have to eliminate variables and go back to a starting point.

Dunce

Point being resetting both the occupancy sensor as well as the dimmers did not break the link between the two. Thus I will contact tech support.