Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: PD-6WCL compatible with any Par20 LED?

PD-6WCL compatible with any Par20 LED?

Hi,
    I installed three of these dimmers with pico remotes so far in 3-way configuration. I have tried three different bulb brands so far without success. Two of the three brands buzzed when on. The Philips bulbs I have in now do not buzz but they flicker slightly when dimmed and they flash once shut off and then turn on normally when first turned on. If I shut them off and turn them back on within 3 seconds or so they operate correctly. If I leave them off any longer and turn on they will do the one bright flash, turn off and then back on.

I have 25 par20 bulbs in total and they are split between 4, 6 and 8 bulbs per circuit. They all behave this way.

I am very frustrated with these dimmers. Are there any Par20 bulbs in existence that work with the Caseta dimmers or am I just sucking it up and throwing out the 7 dimmers I own.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanM View Post
    Hi, I installed three of these dimmers with pico remotes so far in 3-way configuration. I have tried three different bulb brands so far without success. Two of the three brands buzzed when on. The Philips bulbs I have in now do not buzz but they flicker slightly when dimmed and they flash once shut off and then turn on normally when first turned on. If I shut them off and turn them back on within 3 seconds or so they operate correctly. If I leave them off any longer and turn on they will do the one bright flash, turn off and then back on. I have 25 par20 bulbs in total and they are split between 4, 6 and 8 bulbs per circuit. They all behave this way. I am very frustrated with these dimmers. Are there any Par20 bulbs in existence that work with the Caseta dimmers or am I just sucking it up and throwing out the 7 dimmers I own.
    Go to lutron.com/LED, click on the "LED Bulb Compatibility Tool." After you select the options, you will get a page of compatible bulbs. I would uncheck "show only the best dimming bulbs" and "show only currently available bulbs verified by Lutron." You can also check "PAR" on the left to shorten the list.

There are a couple of EcoSmart (HomeDepot brand) models listed. I've generally had good experience with EcoSmart. There are some others brands listed.

The 6WCL has a low end trim setting you can adjust to minimize flicker and pop on/off. See Caseta advanced instructions:

http://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocum...structions.pdf
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by randyc View Post
    Go to lutron.com/LED, click on the "LED Bulb Compatibility Tool." After you select the options, you will get a page of compatible bulbs. I would uncheck "show only the best dimming bulbs" and "show only currently available bulbs verified by Lutron." You can also check "PAR" on the left to shorten the list.

There are a couple of EcoSmart (HomeDepot brand) models listed. I've generally had good experience with EcoSmart. There are some others brands listed.

The 6WCL has a low end trim setting you can adjust to minimize flicker and pop on/off. See Caseta advanced instructions:

http://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocum...structions.pdf
    Ecosmart was one of the brands I had tried. They dimmed well and didn’t flicker but they buzzed. I’d have to check my receipt to see which model they were. I was also aware of the low end trim and have been playing with it with little success.

I didn’t realize that there were filters on the Lutron tool so thanks for that.

Still not happy there isn’t a big disclaimer on the box of these dimmers. They are sold as if any dimmable LED is good to go with them.