Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Caseta prioritizing schedules over scenes

Caseta prioritizing schedules over scenes

I was curious on how I can prioritize schedules over scenes. I have my outdoor lights come on at night and turn off at sunrise, as I’m sure many do. However, if I have scenes such as waking up, going to bed, or leaving the house I don’t want those scenes to interfere with the timed schedules. Now it seems I have to add the exterior lights to the scenes depending on the scene, but if I have the leaving the house during the day, I don’t want the exterior lights on. In short, I don’t want schedules to change at all regardless of what scene I choose. How can I accomplish this?

Quote Originally Posted by HandyBrandy View Post
    I was curious on how I can prioritize schedules over scenes. I have my outdoor lights come on at night and turn off at sunrise, as I’m sure many do. However, if I have scenes such as waking up, going to bed, or leaving the house I don’t want those scenes to interfere with the timed schedules. Now it seems I have to add the exterior lights to the scenes depending on the scene, but if I have the leaving the house during the day, I don’t want the exterior lights on. In short, I don’t want schedules to change at all regardless of what scene I choose. How can I accomplish this?
    Your evening on and sunrise off scenes don't have to be the same. You could have some of your exterior lights turn on at sunset. You could have ALL of the exterior lights turn off at sunrise. If a light happened to get turn on by a button press it would still get turned of at sunrise. The commands are discrete. The clock will send an "OFF" command, not a "toggle" command.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com