Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Grafik Eye Installation and Integration to RadioRa2

Grafik Eye Installation and Integration to RadioRa2

I have had my RadioRa2 system up and running for over 2 years now. I have about 20 keypads/dimmers connected to the system right now. I am looking to replace the 3 single pole switches and 1 three-way switch at the front door with RadioRa2 dimmers/switches or a Grafik Eye unit (QSGRJ-4P). These switches are located in a 4 gang box on the front entry wall.For the life of me, I don't understand how you would wire the 3 single pole switches and the 1 three-way switch to the Grafik Eye unit. Can someone please educate me. I am leaning toward getting the Grafik Eye unit to integrate with my RadioRa2 system as oppose to 4 individual RadioRa2 dimmer switches. Please advise on what my options are.

Honestly, there is no advantage to the Grafik Eye and it costs ~twice as much as 4 dimmers and a companion dimmer. The Grafik Eye duplicates a lot of features that you already have with RA2.

You will need to verify all of the switches are on the same circuit or they can be. You will need to determine which end the of the 3-way has has the switch leg (wire going up to the light). You may need to do some wiring to get the switch leg to the 4-gang. The Grafik Eye wiring is very simple. Hot, neutral, ground and 4 switch legs.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by randyc View Post
    Honestly, there is no advantage to the Grafik Eye and it costs ~twice as much as 4 dimmers and a companion dimmer. The Grafik Eye duplicates a lot of features that you already have with RA2. You will need to verify all of the switches are on the same circuit or they can be. You will need to determine which end the of the 3-way has has the switch leg (wire going up to the light). You may need to do some wiring to get the switch leg to the 4-gang. The Grafik Eye wiring is very simple. Hot, neutral, ground and 4 switch legs.
    The main disadvantage is that if the unit fails, you "lose" 4 circuits until it is replaced.

Above posters are correct- the QS GE models are expensive. You would need to program one of the buttons on the GE to handle the three way. Unless it is an aesthetic thing for you, I would leave it alone, or replace the three way (if it is remote) with a standard keypad. If the three way is the dimmer, you could pick the smallest load in the 4 gang and replace with a hybrid.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols