Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Hybrid keypad, can I completely turn off all backlights on it so it has zero light?

Hybrid keypad, can I completely turn off all backlights on it so it has zero light?

Hi everyone, I have a RA2 keypad, RRD-HN1RLD in my bedroom. Is there no way to completely turn off the LED on the keypad itself as it's so bright at night. In the essentials software under Edit I have the backlight brightness set to off but buttons that are active still come on. I have the bottom 2 buttons as Goodnight and Lights Off, where Goodnight turns off all the lights in the house and Lights Off turns off all the bedroom lights, so at night both of these "scenes" are active since all lights are off. Because of that, these 2 buttons are always lit up at night and are so bright in the total dark room so I'm always hanging a towel or something off the keypad to hide it which is annoying. Is there any way to completely disable all brightness and lights on the keypad itself?

Try making them room buttons. For room buttons, the LED is on if any assigned light is on. If the kitchen light is on, the Goodnight LED is on. Press Goodnight and all lights go off and the LED goes off. You just have to remember that the logic for these 2 buttons is different.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by randyc View Post
    Try making them room buttons. For room buttons, the LED is on if any assigned light is on. If the kitchen light is on, the Goodnight LED is on. Press Goodnight and all lights go off and the LED goes off. You just have to remember that the logic for these 2 buttons is different.
    Great thanks that works! I kind of prefer this anyway as now when the Goodnight LED is on it seems more obvious to me that that means a light downstairs is turned on, and when the LED is off it means all off.