Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Switch not control lights, iOS apps do

Switch not control lights, iOS apps do

I am having a problem with one of my in wall cadets dimmer switches. If I turn on the light via the switch itself, the light does not come on. However, the LEDs in the switch turn on to the level I set it to. Sometimes, if I try to turn it off and on repeatedly, it will turn on after three or so tries. This also happens with both of the pick remotes I have programmed to this switch. This switch has been working flawlessly for over a year and i has just started this behavior.

Controlling via either the Lutron iOS app of the HomeKit app work flawlessly too.

I have tried factory resetting the switch, but the issue remains.

Please help!

Check the dimmer level. I've seen people try to dim the lights to off. When you turn them back on they come on at 1%, which may not be visible. Double tapping will jump to full on but won't change the saved 1%. You have to use the up/down buttons.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Double tapping to turn on to full is how you do it for Maestro switches. Turn on to full for Caseta, press the top button.

Thank you davisadm for pointing out my brain cramp! () I'm not sure how I got on the Maestro track.

iOS and HomeKit talk to the bridge which generates a Clear Connect signal. The Pico remotes also generate Clear Connect signals. The only reason one would work and not the other is some sort of obstruction. This seems unlikely since it has been in operation for some time.

You could try replacing one or two of the bulbs. You could have been borderline on the minimum load and as the bulbs age they could get weaker. That is more of an incandescent symptom though.

If your dimmer has a neutral connection you must use it. It may work for a while but eventually it will do weird stuff.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

It was totally the lightbulbs. Their functionality has changed over the time they have been in the fixture. Replacing them restored functionality of the light. Thanks for your help!