Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Undercounter Driver compatibility

Undercounter Driver compatibility

I am installing a Caseta setup in my new home.

I have some under counter LED lighting strips that I would like to dim with an intelligent Caseta dimmer.

The model driver the cabinet maker supplied is a Magnitude E40L-12DC-KO 40W 12VDC output driver. Magnitude (the manufacturer) says its driver works with Triac leading edge dimmers.

I know for certain my PD-5NE dimmers I am using in my bulk and wall washer loads isn't compatible and as exhibits very strange behavior, with strings just shutting on and off, etc.

I was wondering if anyone has a suggestion of a different model Caseta dimmer I might give a try for better compatibility with a leading edge style dimmer?

Thanks as always.

The PD-6WCL should work but the PD-10NXD is best for forward-phase or leading edge loads. Always connect the neutral wire if it’s available.

LED Driver leading edge compatibility.

Quote Originally Posted by evankirkhart View Post
    The PD-6WCL should work but the PD-10NXD is best for forward-phase or leading edge loads. Always connect the neutral wire if it’s available.
    Thanks so much, I tried a PD-6WCL (because my local Home Depot had one in stock) and it worked great. I have a number of them, so I will give the PD-10NXD a try on the second one and if it works, will go ahead and use PD-10NXD's on all the rest.

Much appreciated.

I tried the PD-10NXD today on the Under-Cabinet LED strip light and it dimmed fine, just like the PD-6WCL, I will go with the PD-10NXD for the rest of them just in case the neutral wire makes a difference to the driver or LED strip.