Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: RA2 Select Question

RA2 Select Question

I am planning to switch my house to RA2 Select system. I have a detached garage about 150 feet from the house. There is internet in the garage. Can I put a second Lutron bridge in the garage so that Maestro switches in the garage can be controlled by Pico remotes from 150 feet away inside the house? Thanks all.

This is outside the range that Lutron publishes. You would need a second system for the garage and log into each system independently. There is an option for this distance in full RadioRA2, you could hard wire between repeaters and run cable out to the garage.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

Thanks Mike. The garage is hard wired CAT5 back to the main ethernet switch in the house. So, if I understand correctly, I could do this with full RA2, but the RA2 Select repeater will not work? Thanks again.

Correct- too far. Only option here would be to use RA2S wireless repeaters and place them appropriately between the two buildings. Would need to make sure they were in waterproof plastic boxes. You could run two main repeaters (or one RA2S and one Caseta), but they would need to be on different accounts. If you stepped up to full RadioRA2, there is an option for some programmers to use two main repeaters that communicate over the ethernet. One main repeater for the main house, and another for the garage- both plugged in to the same network via cat5. in order to do two mains though, you need to have the Inclusive software (Just the Essentials software unlocked via security key).
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols