Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Help - Can 2 lights controlled by one Lutron Maestro Sensor

Help - Can 2 lights controlled by one Lutron Maestro Sensor

I have 2 different light fixtures ( 2 * 40 W ) in the kitchen area --- I am trying to remove those 2 switches and connect to 1 Lutron Maestro Sensor --- Will this work ??? --- ( in my case it is JUST On... I am NOT able to SWITCH it off or the sensor doesnt switch it OFF in the set timinings ) ---- Please advise...

If the 2 fixtures are controlled independently now, it would depend on how they are wired. You may need an electrician to verify how the fixtures are wired and determine if thye can be combined.

If the 2 fixtures are controlled together now, you should be able to us a Maestro sensor to control the lights. If the lights are controlled from a 2nd location, there are settings that have to be adjusted for the sensor to work with a mechanical 3-way switch. I believe only the MSCL-OP153 supports this feature. You may need to use companion dimmers (MA-R) or switches (MA-AS) in the other locations.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Thanks for your reply.... as of now - in the dining room we have 2 lights ( 40W ) -- for the 1st light we have one switch and for another light we have a different switch ( it is not a 2 way ) both the switches are in one pannel . If i remove both the switches and give it one Lutron Maestro, it is always ON all the time. But after 5 min i hear a click sound, but for some reason it is NOT getting switched OFF.

Since both of your switches are in the same box and are not switched from other locations, you can attach them both to the sensor. You would need to identify the wires going up to the lights and connect them both to the output (brass terminal) of the sensor. The other thing to check for is the power. Make sure both lights are controlled by the same breaker.

Sensors require a good neutral or ground connection, sometimes both. They are also polarity sensitive. Power-in must be attached to the black terminal. The wire going out to the light is attached to the brass. The blue is only used when switched from more than 1 location.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Thanks a lot Randy...Let me try this afternoon and keep you posted... Thanks once again

Thanks a lot Randy...It worked... Great Community support!