Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Integration with Tekmar

Integration with Tekmar

Hi

I'm trying to find out if Lutron has a Driver built for Tekmar Radiant Heat Controllers. Either the Tekmar Gateway 482 or 483.

My goal is to be able to trigger some global temperature scenes from QS.

thanks for any help.

Steve

Much easier to integrate tekmar from 3rd party like Crestron however you can use a Tekmar =TN4 480 for simple scenes like you mentioned. You can have the user switch trigger scenes from lutron with contact closures you can also use the TN4 480 for real status if you need. One has inputs and one has outputs. I think Tekmar makes a great product since I do a lot of boiler control there is no better however there integration is lacking I have had many issues with there gateways limitations when controlling from Crestron. It works like they say but there lacking many things on the humidity side and there feed back is painfully slow.

you don't need either gateway for this but make sure the plumber is using TN4 controls on Tekmar side there a little bit more money but you will need his end to have proper hardware for your end to work.

http://tekmarcontrols.com/images/_literature/480_u_06.pdf

http://tekmarcontrols.com/images/_li...e/481_u_06.pdf

Clarification TN4 480 has 3 inputs TN4 481 has 3 outputs I had mis typed the 480 for 481 above on status

Quote Originally Posted by mcignarella View Post
    Clarification TN4 480 has 3 inputs TN4 481 has 3 outputs I had mis typed the 480 for 481 above on status

Thank you mcignarella. I'm pretty sure the contractor will go with Gateway 483, and TN4 thermostats. That will give them the ability to log in to their webpage, and adjust temperatures remotely if needed. They don't want a bunch of integration so it looks like the 480 or 481 User Switch is a great solution for triggering some temperature scenes. You say the 480 gives Real time status? I'm not sure quite how I'd get that feedback to show up in the Lutron app...

It looks like the 482 is for only Home Automation control, via RS232, not the Tekmar remote access. But it sounds like their feedback is really slow?

This has been alot of help.

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by SPEIRICK View Post
    Thank you mcignarella. I'm pretty sure the contractor will go with Gateway 483, and TN4 thermostats. That will give them the ability to log in to their webpage, and adjust temperatures remotely if needed. They don't want a bunch of integration so it looks like the 480 or 481 User Switch is a great solution for triggering some temperature scenes. You say the 480 gives Real time status? I'm not sure quite how I'd get that feedback to show up in the Lutron app...

It looks like the 482 is for only Home Automation control, via RS232, not the Tekmar remote access. But it sounds like their feedback is really slow?

This has been alot of help.

Thank you

The status on the app could only be done by proving a scene is really on. One of the devices allows for inputs so the lutron CCO could trigger pre programed scenes to the 480 then you could use the 482 with lutron CCI to prove that the pre program scene is actually active by lighting a led. The gateways are not needed for this to work however if they want to log in then yes there needed. The switches I'm talking about will tie directly to the tekmar tn4 bus off you boiler controller/sequencer so all of your tekmar control talk over tn4 bus for controllers, tstats and user switches