Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Controlling LED's DMX 512 Decoder??

Controlling LED's DMX 512 Decoder??

I have RadioRa2 thru my house and some LEDs that are controlled with a DMX 512 decoder and a STICK GU2 http://www.nicolaudie.com/en/stick-gu2.htm

Can the radio ra2 control the on/off and dimming of the LED's?

If so what would be needed?

Thanks,
    Chris

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisK View Post
    I have RadioRa2 thru my house and some LEDs that are controlled with a DMX 512 decoder and a STICK GU2 http://www.nicolaudie.com/en/stick-gu2.htm

Thanks,
    Chris
    Unfortunately RadioRA 2 does not have the ability to control DMX loads.

The RadioRA 2 system does have a 15 Amp Appliance Switching Module (RR-15APS-1) that can switch up to 15A of load. If those lights can be plugged into this switching module then RadioRA 2 will have the capability to switch them on and off.

You will still need to have your DMX 512 decoder and STICK GU2 to control DMX functionality.

Grafik Eye DMX module

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin P. View Post
    Unfortunately RadioRA 2 does not have the ability to control DMX loads.

The RadioRA 2 system does have a 15 Amp Appliance Switching Module (RR-15APS-1) that can switch up to 15A of load. If those lights can be plugged into this switching module then RadioRA 2 will have the capability to switch them on and off.

You will still need to have your DMX 512 decoder and STICK GU2 to control DMX functionality.
    Correct me if I am wrong but can't you control DMX LED's using a Grafik Eye QS and a LUT-DMX? My understanding is that you use one channel of the GE to dim and one channel to select color from 1-100. Very expensive way to do it but will that work?

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by Feenypower View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong but can't you control DMX LED's using a Grafik Eye QS and a LUT-DMX? My understanding is that you use one channel of the GE to dim and one channel to select color from 1-100. Very expensive way to do it but will that work?
    The Grafik Eye QS can be used to control DMX lights with the help of the QSE-CI-DMX interface.

Unfortunately the QSE-CI-DMX cannot be used on a Grafik Eye QS programmed to a RadioRA 2 system. Once the Grafik Eye QS is programmed to a RadioRA 2 system the device will not communicate using the QS link anymore. The Grafik Eye QS will only communicate using wireless to the RadioRA 2 system.

You can buy a relatively inexpensive controller for dmx you program scenes to that can be activated by a contact closure so maybe use a vcrx to send the closure to the controller

Here is a solution for dmx using dry contacts from vcrx to signal dmx shows

iPlayer 3 Product Guide This will allow you to program your dmx shows
    AuxBox Product Guide This will allow you to signal Iplayer with dry contacts

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisK View Post

Thanks,
    Chris
    it does look like your product has a single port trigger. Although I don't have full documentation on your product it does look like the port trigger would start and stop your DMX controller. You could use a vcrx controller to trigger that port. I don't sees a way for you to do any more then that.

You can buy dmx512 decoder here. Price is so cheap but pretty good. they are global supplier

Quote Originally Posted by jespong View Post
    You can buy dmx512 decoder here. Price is so cheap but pretty good. they are global supplier
    anyone wanna co-operate with us, contact at:+84 8 54 43 26 02

Quote Originally Posted by jespong View Post
    anyone wanna co-operate with us, contact at:+84 8 54 43 26 02
    How much is it? Where do I purchase it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast