Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Issue with Detached shop Devices

Issue with Detached shop Devices

Hello everyone Having some issues with aux repeaters have two main repeater and now two aux repeaters in a system, trying to reach 5 devices located in a detached shop. I believe that the distance between any of the repeater is not over the limit but ever time I try to transfer no matter how I move the aux's around I get the same error for all the devices in the shop "Error: Unable to transfer to Detached Shop > Heated Section > Outside Prim Pots. The device is not communicating.Either the device is not powered on, out of range of any repeaters, or has been deactivated" That being said using them during the activation phase I'm able to get one switch to start flashing but will not stop once tapped on the computer. Just getting confused on why this just wont seem to set up any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

What is the distance from the devices in the garage to the closest aux repeater? Is there ethernet out to the garage? Are any of the non-communicating devices in metal boxes with metal weatherproof covers? This info will help us help you.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

The first thing I would do is reset that device to factory defaults.

It sounds like 4 of the 5 devices are working fine?? The challenge is to find out what makes that one unique. It's usually a distance issue or some object reducing the distance. I've seen steel beams do wacky things, even though there is a clear line of sight between the devices. Sometimes duct work causes issues (the foil wrapped kind). I've also seen 1 device in a box activate and the one beside it wont.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by Warkie View Post
    Hello everyone Having some issues with aux repeaters have two main repeater and now two aux repeaters in a system, trying to reach 5 devices located in a detached shop. I believe that the distance between any of the repeater is not over the limit but ever time I try to transfer no matter how I move the aux's around I get the same error for all the devices in the shop "Error: Unable to transfer to Detached Shop > Heated Section > Outside Prim Pots. The device is not communicating.Either the device is not powered on, out of range of any repeaters, or has been deactivated" That being said using them during the activation phase I'm able to get one switch to start flashing but will not stop once tapped on the computer. Just getting confused on why this just wont seem to set up any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    Are any of the Repeaters in a Media Rack? If yes, move it a few feet away from the rack.

Aux are maybe 35 to 40 feet apart similar distance from main to first aux. I have them positioned in the windows so sight is unobstructed I have also tried connecting them using cat 5e cable made no difference, all device are in a metal box no metal covers though just plastic.

Have moved main repeater away from rack still missing the detached shop, both building are brick no steel construction. Going to try and factory reset and try programming again have not done that yet. appreciating all the help guys thank you.