Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Devices don't show up in HomeKit, and Lutron Connect App very slow start

Devices don't show up in HomeKit, and Lutron Connect App very slow start

I just bought the RA2 Connect Bridge with HomeKit (upgraded the original Connect Bridge). After I add the Connect Bridge to HomeKit, the Lutron Connect iPhone app takes several minutes to start. When I add my favorite devices in the Lutron Connect app HomeKit settings, none of these devices show up in my Apple HomeKit. It's acting like there is some kind of network discovery problem (but there is no error message). Do I need to change something on my home network? (I am using the Ubiquiti security gateway and Ubiquiti WiFi routers for my home networking equipment, in case there is something peculiar to this equipment).

Quote Originally Posted by DDBear View Post
    I just bought the RA2 Connect Bridge with HomeKit (upgraded the original Connect Bridge). After I add the Connect Bridge to HomeKit, the Lutron Connect iPhone app takes several minutes to start. When I add my favorite devices in the Lutron Connect app HomeKit settings, none of these devices show up in my Apple HomeKit. It's acting like there is some kind of network discovery problem (but there is no error message). Do I need to change something on my home network? (I am using the Ubiquiti security gateway and Ubiquiti WiFi routers for my home networking equipment, in case there is something peculiar to this equipment).
    I figured it out. I had to delete My Home from the Lutron Connect iPhone app and then create My Home again. Now the app starts up smooth and HomeKit works too. Apparently, the Home configuration remembers the specific Connect Bridge hardware, and if you use a newer Connect Bridge model, the configuration is still associated with the old one and this mismatch causes connectivity problems. It got confusing because the app still partially works with this configuration mismatch. Lutron should update the app to detect if a different Connect Bridge is attempted to be used, and have the user delete and re-add the Home.