Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Need help to install DVCL-153PH

Need help to install DVCL-153PH

Hello,
    I need help I can’t get the dimmer to work. The lights are not turning on. My old dimmer switch was the lightmates digital touchscreen dimmer tad-1000. It had 4 wires - 1 black, 1 blue, 1 white and green ground wire. The light socket has 2 cables each with 2 wires- 1 black and 1 grey. The old switch was connected as follows: blue to black, black to black, white connected to the 2 grey wires tied together. Ground was not connected.

Now I’m trying to connect the new DVCL-153 dimmer switch with 4 wires- 1 black, 1 red, 1 red/white and green ground wire. I connected black to black, red to black. Now I tried leaving red/white not connected, and also tried connecting it to the 2 grey wires. Same results.
    When I try to turn on the switch, nothing happens. The lights are not coming on. I have the Phillips led bulbs model 9290003580.
    I bought the newer model PAR40 bulbs and still can’t get the lights to turn on.
    Any ideas I can try?
    Thanks
    Mowgli

The gray wires must be connected together. Power comes into the DVCL on the black lead and goes out to the light on the red lead. If you reverse the 2 connections the dimmer will not work. The red/white is only used when you have more than one location. If you had he red/white connected to the gray you probably tripped the breaker/blew a fuse. You can bypass the dimmer (for testing) by connecting the 2 black wires that were connected to the original dimmers.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Thank you for the info. I’ll bypass the dimmer to test.
    It sounds like I blew the dimmer. At one point I had the connections reserved. I had the red wire connected to the gray wires and I lost all connections in the room, including tv and internet. I found the circuit breaker tripped. After I connected the red wire to one of the black wires the breaker worked and the tv and internet came back except the lights.