Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Shades/RadioRa2 and new Savant app integration issue

Shades/RadioRa2 and new Savant app integration issue

I have (1) a new Lutron RadioRA 2 lighting system and (2) Lutron QS Wireless Sivoia motorized Roller shades installed (Roller 100 in the Living Room and 2 Roller 64s in the Bedroom – one blackout and one solar) and am integrating both into the new Savant smarthost and controlling everything via the new Savant app.

The Lutron lighting and shades were programmed using the RadioRA 2 software and are controlled via a Main Repeater and Aux Repeater. For lighting I have various keypads installed throughout the apartment, as well as dimmers. For the shades, I have various keypads as well that control the shades in each room.

The RadioRA 2 XML file was extracted and integrated by my Savant installer. On my Savant app, however, there are 2 issues as follows:

1. a. On the new Savant app, I do not see separate section for Shades and the corresponding slider bars. Under “Services”, then “Lighting” in the Savant app, I do see each room, and then within each room, I see each of my keypad buttons (which include the shade keypad buttons – shade up, shade down, etc) and then further below that, I see a section called “Dimmers” and below “Dimmers, I see the corresponding orange slider bars for each light. However, there is no separation section for “Shades” nor are there any slider bars for the shades. Main issue #1: How can I/my Savant integrator get the shades to show up on the app as a separate line item? Not sure if it is something to be done on the Lutron side or on the Savant side?

b. this also ties in to “My Scenes” in the Savant app-does not capture or control the shades at all. When I setup a scene in the “My Scenes” it doesn’t control the shades at all. Or if I “capture” a scene, it won’t bring the shades to the level that have been captured. I imagine this is because the shades do not show up separately in the Savant app (currently, everything is under lighting and I only see a button for shade up and shade down, etc. But I do not see a line item for each of the shades). So it does not know to put the shades in a certain position during a scene.

I was looking at some other examples on the web and the new Savant app separates out Lighting and Shades. Switches/Dimmers show up as one item and then shades show up as another item to control and each section has the corresponding orange slider bars. But from some reason my interface does not do this. I imagine it is a programming fix on the Savant end, but what does my integrator need to do to get this to work properly?

2. Under “Services”, then “Lighting” , then when I go into a specific room, such as “Living Room”, it first lists all my keypad buttons that are on my Lutron keypads (On, Welcome, Entertain, etc), but it also shows “button 18” “button 19” which are the raise and lower buttons on the keypad itself. Main issue #2: I don’t really need these on the Savant app – is there a way to remove/delete these in the Savant programming? Or when I extract the XML file from Lutron?

I also have a separate Lutron 15 button tabletop keypad and this shows up as well. Makes it really cumbersome since you need to scroll through all these – I don’t really want these on the Savant app either – is there a way to remove/delete these in the Savant programming?

Appreciate any help you can provide. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ray1022 View Post
    I have (1) a new Lutron RadioRA 2 lighting system and (2) Lutron QS Wireless Sivoia motorized Roller shades installed (Roller 100 in the Living Room and 2 Roller 64s in the Bedroom – one blackout and one solar) and am integrating both into the new Savant smarthost and controlling everything via the new Savant app.

The Lutron lighting and shades were programmed using the RadioRA 2 software and are controlled via a Main Repeater and Aux Repeater. For lighting I have various keypads installed throughout the apartment, as well as dimmers. For the shades, I have various keypads as well that control the shades in each room.

The RadioRA 2 XML file was extracted and integrated by my Savant installer. On my Savant app, however, there are 2 issues as follows:

1. a. On the new Savant app, I do not see separate section for Shades and the corresponding slider bars. Under “Services”, then “Lighting” in the Savant app, I do see each room, and then within each room, I see each of my keypad buttons (which include the shade keypad buttons – shade up, shade down, etc) and then further below that, I see a section called “Dimmers” and below “Dimmers, I see the corresponding orange slider bars for each light. However, there is no separation section for “Shades” nor are there any slider bars for the shades. Main issue #1: How can I/my Savant integrator get the shades to show up on the app as a separate line item? Not sure if it is something to be done on the Lutron side or on the Savant side?
    7.2 of SAVANT App does this automagically.

Quote Quote
    b.
    Quote Quote
    this also ties in to “My Scenes” in the Savant app-does not capture or control the shades at all. When I setup a scene in the “My Scenes” it doesn’t control the shades at all. Or if I “capture” a scene, it won’t bring the shades to the level that have been captured. I imagine this is because the shades do not show up separately in the Savant app (currently, everything is under lighting and I only see a button for shade up and shade down, etc. But I do not see a line item for each of the shades). So it does not know to put the shades in a certain position during a scene.
    Shades datatable in Blueprint needs to reference "variable shade" not "shade"

Quote Quote
    Quote Quote
    Under “Services”, then “Lighting” , then when I go into a specific room, such as “Living Room”, it first lists all my keypad buttons that are on my Lutron keypads (On, Welcome, Entertain, etc), but it also shows “button 18” “button 19” which are the raise and lower buttons on the keypad itself. Main issue #2: I don’t really need these on the Savant app – is there a way to remove/delete these in the Savant programming? Or when I extract the XML file from Lutron?

I also have a separate Lutron 15 button tabletop keypad and this shows up as well. Makes it really cumbersome since you need to scroll through all these – I don’t really want these on the Savant app either – is there a way to remove/delete these in the Savant programming?
    Everything here is easily fixed by editing the SAVANT data table. Your integrator should be able to do this quite easily.