Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: reprogramming and activating an old system?

reprogramming and activating an old system?

Did my first service call on a radio ra2 job I did not install and cant get the files from the other company who installed it 10+ years ago. I tried retrieving files but was told from support if its 7.0 or older everything would have to be factory reset and reprogrammed. I Bought a new repeater and will use the old aux repeaters. The Questions: 1. There are 22 exciting switches, should I factory reset them all at once then program them back in one at a time or? 2. Do i need to open them all up to find out if they are 6nd or 10nd...? or can i just put them in the build as all being 10nd...? Thanks for your time. FYI: Not sure if it matters but I have Essentials 12.2.1

You'll have to rebuild from scratch unless you can get the original file. Check near the existing/old main, some of us used to leave thumb drives (or gasp! CDs) with the program file. 10+ years ago? that would have been the very beginning of RA2 and most likely 6D or 10D- I believe you can activate them as 6CLs now. I would definitely pull at least one dimmer to check it is RA2. A part number that starts wit RA or RB will be classic, and you'll have to replace every device as well. If you can't get the file, you'll need to default all devices and rebuild new in 12.2.1.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

You can find what version is running by connecting to the main repeater with a browser. I thought it was version 6.0 that added extraction capability.

If you have the matching version of the software, try the extraction with it. RA2 doesn't uninstall previous versions. You may have to search for it, but it should still be there if you ever installed it.

If you can't match the version, you must be connected to the Internet when trying to extract. The software checks the version and gets necessary files from Lutron.

If all else fails, you should be able to get HC+ to connect. I haven't tried with Connect. This will tell you what devices are in the system and how they are programmed. Unfortunately, it does not tell you the model numbers of the devices.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

@randyc is correct- 6.0 is the beginning of extraction. anything older and you are rebuilding without the file.

I tried to extract the files, and it would not work. I have already quoted reprogramming the whole system at this point so that is the route I am going to take. Should I just factory reset them all then program them back in or should I do one at a time? I sure hope it is RA2 switches... Did not even think to look at one. They will really freak if i have to quote 22 new switches and installation.

I would reset all the devices first. Then it is just like starting with a new system.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

thank you! tomorrow is the day..

Let us know how it went. At least you didn't try this on a Friday...

Hello all! Everything went smooth with new repeater and resetting the switches and activating them again but my brand new 10 button table top pad is not transferring/activating but it works? Any input on this? It throws an error code at end of transfer.. I am going back tomorrow to finish programming and building scenes. I left them with an all on and all off option for tonight til i can finish. FYI:: The Old RRD-6D works in the programming as a RRD-6ND. It failed as a RRD-6CL.

thanks for the update, make sure the tabletop is plugged in with the power supply- it times out too quickly for a transfer on battery, unless you sit there and push any button at least once every 10-20 seconds to keep it alive.